Hockey Writers WHL Power Rankings

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
http://thehockeywriters.com/whl-power-rankings-october-8th/

Looks about right, I feel that perhaps Portland is a little too high at 6th. Looks like the season is going to be a dogfight. Seattle I think is about right at #5.

1- Kelowna
2- Prince Albert
3- Spokane
4- Swift Current
5- Seattle
6- Portland
7- Red Deer
8- Everett
9- Medicine Hat
10- Brandon
11- Calgary
12- Moose Jaw
13- Edmonton
14- Kootenay
15- Prince George
16- Victoria
17- Tri-City
18- Kamloops
19- Regina
20- Saskatoon
21- Lethbridge
22- Vancouver

Last edited:

tenorman85

I'm not as sold on Seattle yet, I have them currently at #11 in WHL. Looking at the results so far:

Shootout wins over Portland (who should improve as the season goes on) and a below-average Tri-City team plus regulation wins over Lethbridge and Vancouver, whom i have as #18 and #22 respectively. As well as the big loss to Portland and the 3-0 loss to the before mentioned Tri-City.

The regulation win over Medicine Hat on the road was great but I don't think that win alone makes them the 5th best team in the league. A win over Kelowna tomorrow will be huge for them and I feel like if they can win both that game and the Swift Current game on the 19th, then in my eyes they will be considered one of the better teams in the league.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Seattle I like where they are, PA are too high, Vancouver at the bottom is a joke, SC are too high, Spokane are maybe too high, Victoria at 16 is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad