hockey stick shafts.

Slvrdwn

May 31, 2010
Toronto
I recently started playing again, and as I'm a student haven't had tons of money to throw around. I traded some of my guitar/bass pedals for blades, and have been looking for some decent cheap shafts. What do you guys think about the easton typhoons? I can grab 2 of em for 50, so it sparked my interest but I've heard some mixed reviews. Would there be anything else out there fairly cheap I haven't noticed that is a better bang for my buck? Shafts have proved to be fairly elusive for me so far.

ean

Nov 27, 2007
My issue with shafts these days is that reasonably priced blades are hard to come by. Of course my issue with OPS is that if you crack the blade the whole stick is scrap. So I guess it's a toss up.

Maybe go woodie? I used to get the easton Z carbon woods for 30 dollars. they weren't bad and can last you a while if you aren't too hard on em.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
I had a typhoon when I was ten for street hockey. I loved it because it was blue, but I have no idea about performance...

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I recommend looking on eBay too, just see what's cheap and available. Shaft performance for me has been somewhat negligible, I haven't had any that were just phenomenal, nor have I had any that were pure garbage. I have a few old OPS's that I have turned into two pieces, and have been happy with them (CCM V130, Synergy ST, Mission L2). The Typhoon can't be a bad choice, especially at that price. Other old Easton Shafts I remember having were the Ultra Light, T-Flex, Synthesis. The problem I have is finding blades, they all seem to be in the $50-$70 range, for tapered composites anyways.

ean

Nov 27, 2007
I recommend looking on eBay too, just see what's cheap and available. Shaft performance for me has been somewhat negligible, I haven't had any that were just phenomenal, nor have I had any that were pure garbage. I have a few old OPS's that I have turned into two pieces, and have been happy with them (CCM V130, Synergy ST, Mission L2). The Typhoon can't be a bad choice, especially at that price. Other old Easton Shafts I remember having were the Ultra Light, T-Flex, Synthesis. The problem I have is finding blades, they all seem to be in the $50-$70 range, for tapered composites anyways.

Where are you going for blades? Any good deals out there? I have an untouched Synergy ST that I haven't even used because finding decently priced blades is tough.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Where are you going for blades? Any good deals out there? I have an untouched Synergy ST that I haven't even used because finding decently priced blades is tough.

Fortunately I haven't had to buy any yet, I've got an old si-core blade though that I do need to replace. I've been throwing some bids in on eBay, but there are people out there still willing to pay $50-$60 for blades there. So I don't know, I have other sticks to use, but I still need to replace it. I can't seem to find good deals anywhere, even on some websites on their "deal days" or "take an extra 15% off" the prices are still pretty high. It sucks. Just gonna keep lurking on eBay I guess.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
That's an excellent price for them as IIRC, they were a mid-level shaft when they first came out

Slvrdwn

May 31, 2010
Toronto
if your looking for blades check out the usual spots like kijiji or craigslist if you haven't already. another good place to look if your not in a rush is the end of season team sales most nhl teams do. the blades i got came from the leafs sale, but sifers (lol) used a jager blade, so i have 2 of those and one generic one. the guy i got them from said they cost him like $20 for the 3. i know my pedals were worth way more than that, i just had more use for the blades so i got them off him.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
if your looking for blades check out the usual spots like kijiji or craigslist if you haven't already. another good place to look if your not in a rush is the end of season team sales most nhl teams do. the blades i got came from the leafs sale, but sifers (lol) used a jager blade, so i have 2 of those and one generic one. the guy i got them from said they cost him like $20 for the 3. i know my pedals were worth way more than that, i just had more use for the blades so i got them off him.

when's the LEAFS sale? can you send me an email with details? thanks!

[email protected]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad