Hockey Statistics Project

Nathan MacKinnon

Believe in BLUE
Jun 24, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hey HFBoards! I am currently doing a data visualization project for a summer program I am participating in and I have interest in doing something about hockey and statistics and whether Sabremetrics can be applied to hockey like baseball. I want to know if there are any good and legitimate sites that contain advanced hockey stats for season by season (ex. not something like "Best players after 1990" but "best possession players in 2013-14") that I could use for research and data for my project. Maybe some advanced stats about players? Like corsi? I don't know much about this. Maybe there are stats about teams that you guys know about? Such as something like Team Payroll vs. Season Success

Thanks for the help! Appreciate any responses I can get :)

Patman

Feb 23, 2004
www.stat.uconn.edu
In terms of data vis, have you seen Nathan Yau's book(s)? May be worth your while if this is something you do professionally as well.

http://flowingdata.com/

Nathan is two cubes over from me at work this week. He's working with some parts of my U.S. federal agency (i'm in the research division). Apparently he just tapped a homebrew IPA. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad