Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sports Hub Hockey Show: Halak Starts Again, Donato Sent to Providence

Ryan Johnston and Billy Jaffe discuss this week in Bruins hockey… They cover a number of topics including the ongoing goalie controversy, after Jaroslav Halak was tabbed to make the start on Saturday in Nashville. Plus, rookie forward Ryan Donato has been sent down to PRovidence to work on his game, while the team continues to search for secondary scoring to supplement “The Perfection Line”.. Bob Beers, Judd Sirott and Joe Haggerty all check in with the show as well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Couple of the dumbest callers I’ve ever heard on talk radio

Maria made sense but a couple including Paulie who wanted to talk Celtics worst caller on talk radio

Reactions: 13Hockey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Couple of the dumbest callers I’ve ever heard on talk radio

Maria made sense but a couple including Paulie who wanted to talk Celtics worst caller on talk radio
Maria sucks plain and simple.

Babajingo

Listening to the podcast release, I realize it doesn't work to take a radio show and make it a podcast. Over the course of 2 hours on radio, you gain and lose listeners so you can re-hash topics, but when you condense it into a podcast, it just repeats itself. I like everyone on the podcast (minus Haggerty) but having Jaffe talk about Tuukka and then Sorrat talk about Tuukka and then Haggerty talk about Tuukka and then Beers talk about Tuuka is boring. Mix it up and have a guest on each week. Have a former player or coach or college player or out of market reporter on. I'll still listen but I just wish they would have some variety.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Listening to the podcast release, I realize it doesn't work to take a radio show and make it a podcast. Over the course of 2 hours on radio, you gain and lose listeners so you can re-hash topics, but when you condense it into a podcast, it just repeats itself. I like everyone on the podcast (minus Haggerty) but having Jaffe talk about Tuukka and then Sorrat talk about Tuukka and then Haggerty talk about Tuukka and then Beers talk about Tuuka is boring. Mix it up and have a guest on each week. Have a former player or coach or college player or out of market reporter on. I'll still listen but I just wish they would have some variety.

On the other hand out here in alberta im starved for a show where they talk bruins. Hearing insiders is nice and they dont always agree

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I ask the same question about Maria from Watertown
Why, what did she say? This station is +/-75% football talk,+/-24% Red Sox talk, .9% Celtics/basketball talk, and .1% Boston Bruins/hockey talk. They should change their name to the "Football and Some other Stuff" station.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why, what did she say? This station is +/-75% football talk,+/-24% Red Sox talk, .9% Celtics/basketball talk, and .1% Boston Bruins/hockey talk. They should change their name to the "Football and Some other Stuff" station.
It’s usually a regurgitation of crap she’s read from Haggs and Slainte himself mixed in with some stuff she read on twitter or heard from other callers

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This week on The Sports Hub Hockey Show, Ryan Johnston, Judd Sirott and Bob Beers are together in studio to discuss the state of the Bruins at the halfway point the season. Judd and Bob share their experiences at the Winter Classic at Notre Dame. Joe Haggerty checked in from morning skate to about the injury issues and development of Charlie McAvoy, and David Pastrňák’s road to NHL Superstardom. We also catch up with Billy Jaffe and how the NHL wants to have more outdoor games in the future.

The Sports Hub Hockey Show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad