Hockey Prospectus Top 100 Prospects

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islanders fan no way in hell should Kabanov be 14(he shouldn't be on the top 100 list at all) and Niederreiter should be higher then 30

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
I'm not an expert, but Rundblad behind David Savard and Kuznetsov behind Tatar just doesn't seem right.

Pietraneglo222

I like listening to you talk hockey but Erixon over Rundblad? You're out to lunch Pronman...

startainfection*

As an Islanders fan no way in hell should Kabanov be 14(he shouldn't be on the top 100 list at all) and Niederreiter should be higher then 30

why shoudn't kabanov be in the top 100? on some teams he would be their most skilled prospect
nino should be alot higher though

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
From his blog to God's ears. Because if the Isles youngsters are that good...

That said, damn you Pronman for jinxin' us.

Cheers,

Dan-o

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Kuznetsov at 19? Yeah, that's a stretch. Especially when you have Kabanov and Loktionov over him. What on Earth have they done to deserve a higher ranking?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Jake Gardiner is number 87? Somehow Kabanov is in the top 15 and Gardiner barely cracks the list...wow

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I have to hand it to them. No other hocking rankings make me laugh out loud.

If you want to impress Hockeyprospectus. Draft a small european with, wait for it, puck possession skills.

The Fuhr*

prediction everyone will complain... every single list that anyone puts out is met with non stop complaining... I have no idea why anyone would put the work into a list.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
why shoudn't kabanov be in the top 100?

I expect 18 year old highly skilled prospects to produce. While Kabanov had a good playoffs, his regular season was disappointing. With all his hype you would at least expect a point per game, if not a season you would expect him to come close to 100 points. 28 points in 37 games doesn't really cut it.

The Fuhr*

In what area are Kuznetsov's individual skills less than Loktionov and Kabanov? He's one of the most skilled prospects in the world.

And so are they... they like those dudes more. I don't see the problem

In five years we will see if they were right.

The Fuhr*

I expect 18 year old highly skilled prospects to produce. While Kabanov had a good playoffs, his regular season was disappointing. With all his hype you would at least expect a point per game, if not a season you would expect him to come close to 100 points. 28 points in 37 games doesn't really cut it.

If you are going to argue why a player is bad try going beyond the stat line... tell me why... what you see in his game that is a problem.

The stat line is a post really saying nothing.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
And so are they... they like those dudes more. I don't see the problem

In five years we will see if they were right.

Not sure why you're on a crusade to defend the rankings. They're terrible.

Neither player has close to the production that Kuznetsov's had. And their skills are comparable, at best. They're certainly not clearly more skilled than Kuznetsov. Not to mention, Loktionov is 2 years older.

BLBarmada

I can understand why Granlund at 1, I think it's justified, by what he's done.

The list isn't great though, I wouldn't have the guts to just proclaim him #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->