hockey pants fitting question

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
I got a pair of bauer 6000 pants medium size. the fit is a little too snug/tight. but when I try large size pants (34-36) the fit feels a little too loose.
anybody knows what pants offer a good balance between medium and large?

thanx

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
X-medium? I don't know one brand of hockey pants from another but mine lace up in the front where the fly would be and there's a nylon strap for the belt. I just tie and strap them as much as needed. If they start sliding down as I play I retie/restrap when I get to the bench.

Get the bigger size and adjust as necessary. If you're still having a problem you can wear suspenders with them. Have buttons sewn on if they aren't there already. :dunno:

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I never worn the 6000, but they just seem to be more slimmer fitting than other pants. Try on different brands as sizing seems to be a bit different too. Or get Mission pants. They got adjustable legs so won't be too baggy...but don't know about the waist sizing-- maybe suspenders. Or have you tried wearing a pair of shorts, like Itech Jock Shorts or just gym shorts, that adds an inch or so to your wasit to get pants more snug.

Allsmokenopancake

Jul 21, 2005
Donegal, Ireland
I wear Itech 8000 pants. I came from the Bauer 1000s (real low end) and the Itech fit a lot snugger, if you thought bauer med too tight and bauer large too loose, try the itech large.

They are probably good for what ails you

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
went to the local sports store this afternoon. I tried on the CCM Tacks 692 pants. the fit and length was perfect. think I'll go with those ones
anybody have those pants? good or bad quality?

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
rebellion makes the best pants ive ever had, 30 bucks on sale, unreal. i got them from maximum edge, donno if anyones familiar but they do all the sharpenings in the OHL....and stevie y goes in there to get his jets sharpened PERSONALLY. well, he did.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
bought the CCM 692's size large this afternoon and just tried em on with my shin pads. the fit around the waste is perfect...but the fit is even tighter than my Bauer 6000 medium size around the legs.
the length of the legs is fine, but it's too tight. when I walk the pant's legs come up my and under my shin pads. so I imagine when I'll be skating, I'll be always pulling down the legs.
basicly, what I'm looking for is pants that don't have tight diameter around the legs. I'm only 5'7...but I have big legs so I need pants that have a loose leg fit.

damn, so it's back the store tomorrow.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I see that your on ModSquad too. But yeah, I Itechs arn't bad. If you wanted the more traditional pant the Itech 4000 are good or the newer style with the 6000 pant. Mission pants are similar too since it's really Mission/Itech hockey.

Or just leave the zippers open on your CCMs...

Blindsided

Jul 2, 2006
at the rink
Yes, i agree with Allsmokenopancake, try Itech pants...or Reebok. I had that problem with a pair of CCM pants i bought so i got rid of it and got a pair of reebok pants and they havent given me any problems yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad