Hockey Nutrition

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
Great thread. I had a list from a website that I printed out that had an entire diet specifically for hockey players (though I guess alot of it would be for most athletes). I'll try and find it soon, I'm just a bit overloaded with school work at the moment.

I'd imagine pastas, steaks, chicken and breads would be great for dinner/lunch if it's a night game or the night before an afternoon/morning game. In the morning I'd go with something like a bagel w/ peanut butter and some oatmeal. Some of the more balanced cereals might not be a bad choice, and some fruit would also benefit you for sure.

If you're really serious, I'd even pack a peanut butter sandwich with you to eat in the locker room before hand. There is more protein in it than what are, in my opinion, overhyped protein bars.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If you're really serious, I'd even pack a peanut butter sandwich with you to eat in the locker room before hand. There is more protein in it than what are, in my opinion, overhyped protein bars.

No, not really. Theres a lot of calories for what you get in peanut butter, and the protein content is not high (or nearly high enough to make a difference) unless you absolutely eat a lot of it. You are better off downing a gallon of water in the hour before your game than eating a peanut butter sandwich.

Over hyped? What are you using them for? What do you expect them to do? :dunno:

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Tending or out its prettmy much the same...

nutrition1.jpg

nutrition2.jpg

nutrition3.jpg

nutrition4.jpg

nutrition5.jpg

nutrition6.jpg

nutrition7.jpg

nutrition8.jpg

Fruits...look up glycemic index list of fruits. Honey...2 tablespoons 15 minutes prior to game and same at start of each period.

Pre-game DAY BEFORE..Carbs such as Pastas. Post game...Carb loading. Eating well all the time means you dont have to worry about game day. POST GAME: Choc milk and other carb content to replace lost blood sugar. The 45 minutes following a heavy game or work out is when the body can replace stores at the fastest rate.

Game day reduce saturated fat intake to as close to ZERO as you can. It slows the bodies ability to deliver oxygen to the muscle cells.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->