News Article: Hockey News on 2001 draft

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Scares me though that Rick Dudley passed on Koivu for Svitov. That was a major mistake

Not at the time it was. Yeesh.

This isn't news, well the part about Montreal being upset about not getting Koivu, didn't know about the smoke screen plans from the Wild.

After not getting Kovalchuk I was pretty pleased with getting Komisarek. I was also hoping there was a chance Stephen Weiss would drop to us. :D

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
With the way the team was run back then, I'm sure Mikko Koivu's career wouldn't have been nearly as good as it's been if he was drafted here.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Crazy how high Europeans used to be drafted in the NHL, don't think we'll be seeing that anymore.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
skill guy Alex Svitov? What?

Komisarek was pretty good for the Habs until he sold his soul to the devil.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Scares me though that Rick Dudley passed on Koivu for Svitov. That was a major mistake

Dudley has one of the worst drafting records in history. Thank God he's not in charge of that here. He drafted 0 NHLers in his Tampa tenure of 3 drafts.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dudley has one of the worst drafting records in history. Thank God he's not in charge of that here. He drafted 0 NHLers in his Tampa tenure of 3 drafts.

I remember finding something last summer really dumb Dudley when he was with Florida. Can't remember what it was now. I find he has good knowledge of players in the league, but low on judge of talent. Imagine he acquired most his knowledge those years with Chicago. Tallon, Bowmans were there to name a few good hockey minds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad