GDT: Hockey is (sorta) back | PRESEASON: Penguins at Columbus | 6 p.m. | ROOT, NHL Network

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Kunhackl really impressed me today.

And this is a gripe that I'm going to continue making all season long whenever it comes up...what did people want to happen to the roster this off-season? We're a cap team that saw the cap go down significantly, the only cap teams improved were the ones that could create room by ditching a dead $6 million contract or two...but we don't have that, unless you're advocating the dumping of Fleury, which...alright I can get behind that a bit, but there's still the question of actually finding a replacement.

It's hard to ice a great third line when you can't afford to spend any money on it. This is a team that finished 1st in the East and went to the Eastern Conference Finals that had very few contracts that expired over the summer that plays in a league that just saw the cap go down by $6 million...I just fail to see where the explosion was supposed to happen.

For me, The Adams signing was unnecessary (not to mention a year too ling) and I didn't love the Duper signing. He should have gotten rid of Glass too, as we have at least 3 players in camp better than him.

We should have a 4th line of DJ-JV-Chucky but you just know Glass and Adams will be in the opening night line-up and two of those guys will be scratched.

I can't wait till DJ is waived/traded for a 6th and we hear the same, "I got benched every time I made a mistake" line that Tangradi, Streit and Lovejoy said. Only to see Adams and Glass play 82 games.

And I don't need to explain the DB signing.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This season will mark the beginning of the end for this current roster. They will be, when all is said done this year, the most disappointing team in the NHL. Sorry most here don't see this, but I have watched hockey for 30 plus years and the current mix of soft crusty vets will only lead to injuries and underachievement.

The great thing about vague predictions is that you're never proven wrong.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
This season will mark the beginning of the end for this current roster. They will be, when all is said done this year, the most disappointing team in the NHL. Sorry most here don't see this, but I have watched hockey for 30 plus years and the current mix of soft crusty vets will only lead to injuries and underachievement.
Okay grandpa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad