Post-Game Talk: Hockey is Fun!

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
I watched Reilly fairly closely this game. Yes, definitely a number of blunders. Not sure what's going on with him. Hopefully its just a temporary thing and he'll find his game again.
He has been doing this kind of stuff all season. Is he injured? Or just lost his mojo?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Outside of the comeback, I think the Canes are in a really good position. Great blueline and their forwards are really coming around. Loved what I saw from Necas and Svechnikov. And Aho is Aho.

Oh yeah. They get one more forward, they're set.

Probably the best set up team to play Boston in a series IMO.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
He has been doing this kind of stuff all season. Is he injured? Or just lost his mojo?

Gotta be some kind of injury because he's not even skating as well as he could be. Getting to watch him live a few times he was flying all over the ice and was always involved and looked like the best player out there but that hasn't been the case this season.

Reactions: TML11

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I really hope Babcock supporters and Dubas/Keefe haters can now see how absolutely AWFUL Babcock's line management was compared to Keefe. Ik there are still some in hiding waiting for us to lose a few so they can come out of hiding.
They’re switching to Corsi arguments now lmao... sad day for mr poulin where ever he is hiding

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
Gotta be some kind of injury because he's not even skating as well as he could be. Getting to watch him live a few times he was flying all over the ice and was always involved and looked like the best player out there but that hasn't been the case this season.
So why isn't on the IR? He's never even been scratched this year. It's kind of strange eh?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
So why isn't on the IR? He's never even been scratched this year. It's kind of strange eh?

Who knows. He's been given a lot of practices off this year so far so makes you think some kind of injury is definitely real.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
1. He has had a tonne of those moments this year.

He isn't old as a defenseman so you hope he keeps improving. No one would complain about having a Yandle, Letang, Karlsson, they just need good defensive partners.

2. Maybe there should two trophies, best defensman Norris/Orr, and best offensive defenseman Coffey.

1. Agreed. What seems to bothering Reilly has been happening since the start of the season pretty much.

2. Ya, that's a good idea. Clearly there are 2 different kind of defensemen and playing styles.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
IDK really. He doesn't appear injured and there's been no news of such, but I guess you never know. They can hide that kind of thing pretty well.

Reactions: TML11

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
You know, they say that puck always travels faster than you can skate. We should add now that “...except if that is Mitch Marner”.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I thinks it's pretty obvious. All the fame would go to the stars. They would be the reason we won all the games, and that egoist sick maniac wouldn't be able to tolerate it. He wanted all the fame, he wanted to be a difference maker. He would rather lose than release the top guys and to see them winning.

It is such a shame we have wasted the last two years thanks to that prick.

A lot of our own fans were trying to defend this nonsense too.

Some people honestly tried telling me that Babcock was neutering offense from our star players to get cheaper contracts.

Unprecedented stupidity.

Reactions: WillNy29

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
lmao pal you thought Ben Harpur should have been on the team to start the year.

your player evaluation is completely awful, just quit already.

Are you going to go around bashing me spreading lies (I’ve openly said his preseason wasn’t good enough)... or actually discuss the opinion that Hyman is due for a big pay day after next season...?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Harpur is having a fine season in the AHL. He is the +/- leader for the team, is tied with the Leafs in major penalties and has repectable point production without PP time.

Not in the Hyman for 7M camp though. He's not good enough or mean enough to earn that.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Are you going to go around bashing me spreading lies (I’ve openly said his preseason wasn’t good enough)... or actually discuss the opinion that Hyman is due for a big pay day after next season...?

I love Hyman, but his game will undoubtedly drop off as he gets into his late 20s, early 30s. He’s a very important part of the team, but he’s also definitely replaceable. Anything over $3m you simply can’t consider for a guy at that age who plays that role

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Hd's scoring at a 30 goal pace since he's been back from injury. Looking like he'll get 20 this year despite the late start. If he keeps up that pace, it would be hard to pay him like he is just a grinder, he'll get paid for his offence too, but probably not big term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad