Post-Game Talk: Hockey is back - Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 300185

Montreal will be ok. The league is doing absolutely everything they can to get them Lafrenierre. They gave them the best possible schedule, to the point of cheating. They went with 24 teams in the playoffs to make sure they got in. No reason whatsoever to only have 16 other to get them in the playoffs. And, when they lose against the Pens, they will be the team that gets Lafrenierre. BOOK IT!

Nice win by leafs. Robertson definitely outplayed Suzuki.

Nylander is still so soft its sickening. Watching him just coast around out there poking his stick at the other team all night accomplishing nothing. He needs to go. He can get us that D man we need.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The Good
  • Soup
  • Kerfoot
  • Andersen
  • Robertson
  • Nobody hurt
The Bad
  • NBC is the worst for broadcasting NHL games. For the love of god get the HNIC crew in there broadcasting the games. That was unwatchable and I ain’t talking about the sloppy Hockey.
  • Marincin, how is this guy anywhere near the ice
  • Our PP looked terrible
  • Matthews, Nylander and Marner need to step it up

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Montreal will be ok. The league is doing absolutely everything they can to get them Lafrenierre. They gave them the best possible schedule, to the point of cheating. They went with 24 teams in the playoffs to make sure they got in. No reason whatsoever to only have 16 other to get them in the playoffs. And, when they lose against the Pens, they will be the team that gets Lafrenierre. BOOK IT!

Nice win by leafs. Robertson definitely outplayed Suzuki.

Nylander is still so soft its sickening. Watching him just coast around out there poking his stick at the other team all night accomplishing nothing. He needs to go. He can get us that D man we need.
Don't be ridicuous. Robertson was very good. Suzuki was outstanding. He set up scoring chances all night.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
giphy.gif

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
There were a couple chances for AM34 where his shot was slightly off. My guess is he gets one goal and thigns start to settle for him more. I also thought Mitch was solid as well.

What exactly do you mean by 'step it up'?

I mean sure they were okay but Montreal doesn’t exactly have the high end talent we do. AM should have dominated. Our PP was a mess. This is an area we should have added a goal or two. Look I get it that this was an exhibition game but we are going to be facing a very well coached team who stuck it to TB last year. Anything but our best is not going to cut it!

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Don't be ridicuous. Robertson was very good. Suzuki was outstanding. He set up scoring chances all night.
Yeah for sure, they were both impressive, Suzuki had a lot more ice and opportunity than Robertson and made a lot of smart, skilled plays, he’s really improved his skating over the last year or so. But it’s not crazy for both of them to have good games.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Boy, did the Leafs missed Rielly before the season was cut short...now it's back!

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Really like the way the lines are looking to shape up. Kerf and Kap are such a pesky, quick duo and Robertson plays the same type of game. They worked well. Mikheyev looked 100% recovered. He works really well with JT. Book him for 60 pts next year. Thought Goat played pretty well but engvall was mostly invisible

Reactions: RadekBong

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Robertson played good, as our old friend Baba would say. He didn’t do anything to scream ROY next year, but that said, he looked better than Engvall.

He’s earned game 1. If he struggles with the Jackets side, pluck him right away, but if he can help get Kerfoot going, it makes a big difference

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I thought he was one of the most impressive given his injury, he was always on the puck and was skating so well. That goal and finish was nice and he just looked confident and can play a great two way game.
The shutdown is going to benefit players like Soupy the most. Going back into the lineup when everyone else is in mid-season form is tough for any player coming back from injury. However, the 4 month pause certainly evens the playing field somewhat on conditioning.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad