Post-Game Talk: Hockey is back - Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Marincin did not look good tonight sadly, hopefully he doesn't have to be used.

Robertson is a lot better than guys like Malgin or Petan, actually has a bit of that Trevor Moore hustle but with better hands. It probably will be a bit tougher for him against Columbus' style but he's worth starting.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
That Kerfoot/Kap/Robertson line has speed that is going to be hard to handle. Assuming Nick makes the team, they can give the Leafs a 3rd line that can produce. And in the playoffs a team with 3 lines rolling is a tough out.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Andersen played well.

Not sure what they’ll do with Robertson. He didn’t really do anything to hurt his chances but he also didn’t play so well that he’s a lock to play Sunday.

Reactions: kb and TML Dynasty

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Robertson was buzzing a bit early and unleashed a nice wrister but received pretty limited ice time.
Yeah I noticed that. However he still received more ice than GOAT, Engvall, Spezza and Cliff. I'm hoping that will give him some confidence and maybe Keefe some optimism in giving him the shot Aug 2nd. We'll see.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Robertson looked good, 10 minutes of ice time and a little PP time. Took a penalty but played well on that third line and helped create a goal too. That line looks more dangerous with him rather than Engvall on it. I didn't think he looked out of place. I can still see them playing it safe and giving the roster spot to the GOAT, but the GOAT was pretty rusty tonight. Didn't help his case at all.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Not a lot of grade A chances for either team tonight, but Leafs were clearly the better team. Robertson was impressive. This guy's motor is gonna make him a big time playoff contributor I think even if the offense isn't there yet.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He was 1000x more noticeable than Engvall and Gauthier though.
Engvall for sure. I thought Gauthier played well.
Sometimes a player can standout a little more because that’s who you’re(not necessarily you) are focusing on.
I know I looked for him when he came on the ice.
Coaches will break it all down and look at every player.
If I were to bet I’d say he plays but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk he does.

Reactions: kb and LeafSteel

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It's hard to see an 18 year old making a playoff team after one exhibition game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad