Hungary: Hockey in Budapest.

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Hi, I'm going to be in Budapest until the end of December and was hoping to catch a game or two of the MOL Liga. Anybody know which of the two teams in Bpest is better to watch. Any insight into the teams would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Hi, I'm going to be in Budapest until the end of December and was hoping to catch a game or two of the MOL Liga. Anybody know which of the two teams in Bpest is better to watch. Any insight into the teams would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Ujpest and Ferencvaros are basically at the same level right now...

...which is near the bottom of the league standings. Attendance wise, Ujpest boasts slightly more spectators. When these two teams face off against each other, more people come out to watch. The two play against each other this week and then again before the end of November.

Ujpest's top players are all imports. The purple and white are waiting for Slovak Karol Csanyi to obtain Hungarian citizenship. This move would give Ujpest a significant boost.

The top Hungarian clubs are "videki". I.e. Not in Budapest. Attendance is much higher as well. Dunaujvaros sits in first and is comprised mostly of Hungarians. Miskolc is in second place not far behind.

Szekesfehervar, Hungary's stongest hockey team, plays in the EBEL. The trip is less than an hour train ride from the capital.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad