Hockey History

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Btw, since this is the hockey history thread... Paul Coffey not winning the Norris in 1984 was like Spielberg not getting best director in 1975. A crime.

He wouldn’t and shouldn’t have beat Milos Forman. One Flew Over a Cuckoo’s Nest is one of the best films of all-time.

A crime is that he wasn’t nominated

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He wouldn’t and shouldn’t have beat Milos Forman. One Flew Over a Cuckoo’s Nest is one of the best films of all-time.

A crime is that he wasn’t nominated
I have no problem with Cuckoo winning Best Picture. Not what I'd have voted for but okay...

But best director? Ridiculous to not have gone to Spielberg.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
More like 95, mildly and then it skyrocketed up to 2000. Scoring was still high in 93 and 94. Hell, Hull was coming off several 70 and 80 goal seasons at that point, scored almost 60 in 93.

Hull was putting up impressive numbers right up to the lockout. He was just such an unbelievably gifted goal scorer pretty much right to the end of his career.

I think the foundations of the dead puck were set in 1995 when lemaire showed how successful his system could be with the devils, but it still took a few years for it to really settle in.

I mean, you saw warnings after 95 with teams like Florida making it to the finals, and the devils continuing to be the devils. Hitchcock was the new guy in dallas at this time and applying the same kind of philosophy.

You could tell where hockey was going, but I think scoring remained relatively high. It was sometime during or after the late 90s expansion where it really felt like the game had entered into a new lower scoring era.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
4 more points for McD and we're going into the 3rd.

100 points on the year now
Pacing for 155 over 82
31 in his last 11. That's a 225 point pace over 80. Hotter than prime Gretzky.

The man's on fire and we're just starting the 3rd in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad