Hockey has divided Canada - Canadians Cheering Against Team Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
I feel there is a need to discuss the other side of canadians who feel the disbelief of the complete bias towards the selection of team WHL, I mean team Canada.

I know there are a lot of canadians who will be cheering for Team Canada. But I have a feeling there will be a few more cheering against them.

I love Canada, but like many other canadians, I dont' think this team is representative of true Canadians. Maybe sutter did select the best Canadians but to shun all of canada from even having a chance to compete for jobs is just a slap to the face. We're not asking to make it a fair selection but my god, how can you be blatantly bias toward the selection.

All 4 goalies from the WHL. Are you telling me there was not one goalie from the other two leagues capable of competing for jobs.

Dylan hunter was probably the biggest shocker. I also have a strong feeling that the remainder of the cuts will be from the OHL and QMJHL.

I can't say I will be cheering for fully for team Canada. But I will have a huge smile on my face if Team Canada does lose.

I hope when the Q gets in charge of the junior program, that they dont' select one player from the WHL. And when the OHL is in charge, I hope they dont' select one player from the WHL.

Hockey will divide Canada if it already hasn't.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Hart_House_Ca said:
I can't say I will be cheering for fully for team Canada. But I will have a huge smile on my face if Team Canada does lose.

Unfortunately for you, with Bergeron on the team, Canada just CAN'T lose! :D

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
:nopity: ............................................................................................................................................... :nopity:
Hart_House_Ca said:
I feel there is a need to discuss the other side of canadians who feel the disbelief of the complete bias towards the selection of team WHL, I mean team Canada.

I know there are a lot of canadians who will be cheering for Team Canada. But I have a feeling there will be a few more cheering against them.

I love Canada, but like many other canadians, I dont' think this team is representative of true Canadians. Maybe sutter did select the best Canadians but to shun all of canada from even having a chance to compete for jobs is just a slap to the face. We're not asking to make it a fair selection but my god, how can you be blatantly bias toward the selection.

All 4 goalies from the WHL. Are you telling me there was not one goalie from the other two leagues capable of competing for jobs.

Dylan hunter was probably the biggest shocker. I also have a strong feeling that the remainder of the cuts will be from the OHL and QMJHL.

I hope when the Q gets in charge of the junior program, that they dont' select one player from the WHL. And when the OHL is in charge, I hope they dont' select one player from the WHL.

:nopity: ............................................................................................................................................... :nopity:

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:

Go move to Russia or the States, hater. You cant argue with the talent from the west this year obviously Bernier, Brule, Picard and a goalie from another league deserved to be there but this is Sutter's team and he will mold it accordingly. GO CANADA GO! hater

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
Big Deaner said:
Go move to Russia or the States, hater. You cant argue with the talent from the west this year obviously Bernier, Brule, Picard and a goalie from another league deserved to be there but this is Sutter's team and he will mold it accordingly. GO CANADA GO! hater

I'm an American, but is this Sutter's team or Canada's team?

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
What is the problem in selecting the majority of the players being from the WHL ? FINALLY we dressing almost the BEST lineup Canada can have, instead of evening out between the leagues thus not allowing the best to play.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
I'm just waiting for the OHL and Q to be in charge. I don't expect to see any WHL players on team canada for 2 years. Every 3rd year we might see a WHL player.

Bob Nicolson should be fired. Why is Hockey Canada in Calgary when all the hockey players are in Eastern Canada? Who lives in Calgary? This is sowing the seeds in eastern Canada to break up hockey Canada. I predict in the near future two governing bodies in canadian hockey. A split in hockey canada is what we need.

I have no problem with selecting the best players. I have a problem with not even letting some of the other key players in other leagues try to get selected. If you give them a shot and they didnt' make the team, no one in canada would complain. The problem we have is that, there wasn't an opportunity.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I don't see what's the big deal, the coach wants a team that plays well his system and fact is that players from WHL are closest to that.

What if the coach is someone like Jacques Martin who emphasises fast puck-possession game, should he select one third of the players from WHL where the style is generally the furthest from his system? Of course not.

Sutter wants a team that can play the system he's teaching, if he wants a physical two-way team, WHL players are the best prepared for a game like that.

The goalie thing is different, can't really say that I'm impressed with the quality of Canada's goaltending at all and feel it could be the decising factor in the WJC so IMHO there are no goalies who are CLEARLY better than the 4 invited to the camp.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Hart_House_Ca said:

Are you serious? I can't believe these people bashing Sutter and Hockey Canada. Honestly I can't wait until Team Canada dominates this tournament and brings home gold so idiots like yourself can eat your words. Why don't we all as Canadians support this Team as they go for Gold. Go Canada Go!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Big Deaner said:

His "Hockey will divide Canada if it already hasn't." speech

sure has UNITEDTEAM CANADA fans against him ....

Cain

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
I'm just waiting for the OHL and Q to be in charge. I don't expect to see any WHL players on team canada for 2 years. Every 3rd year we might see a WHL player.

Bob Nicolson should be fired. Why is Hockey Canada in Calgary when all the hockey players are in Eastern Canada? Who lives in Calgary? This is sowing the seeds in eastern Canada to break up hockey Canada. I predict in the near future two governing bodies in canadian hockey. A split in hockey canada is what we need.

I have no problem with selecting the best players. I have a problem with not even letting some of the other key players in other leagues try to get selected. If you give them a shot and they didnt' make the team, no one in canada would complain. The problem we have is that, there wasn't an opportunity.
All the hockey players are in eastern canada?

Nobody lives in calgary, so hockey canada should move out east?

Do you realize what garbage you are typing?

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Look at it this way...take a look at the Under 17 championships were we have 5 Canadian teams. When was the last time Quebec or Team Atlantic won a medal at this tourney. Every year it is Team Pacific or Ontario doing the damage with Team Western somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Mountain Dude

Wow, what a homer. :shakehead

Who cares where they're from or what league they play in, cheer for them because they're Canadian.

Mountain Dude

Hart_House_Ca said:

Where else would they put it? Do you think it should be in Toronto just because of the leafs? Anywhere you put it its going to be just random, lots of hockey players come from Calgary, why shouldn't it be there?

I gaurantee you that if this happened going the other way, you would be the last person to complain. Go cry somewhere else baby. :cry:

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:

please stop :cry:

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Hart_House_Ca said:

:shakehead :rolleyes: :whine:

Those comments make Mark Madden look intelligent.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My team:

Fehr-Crosby-Bergeron
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
Perry-Carter-Getzlaf
Stone-Dixon-Colliton
Ladd

Phaneuf-Weber
Coburn-Seabrook
Belle-Barker
Green

Nastiuk
Glass

Breakdown:

WHL 15
OHL 4
QMJHL 3 (I included Bergeron)

Go ahead and keep complaining, but who realistically deserves to be there? You can make cases for Picard and Bernier from the Q, definitely. More players from the WHL too though - Brule, Chipchura had he not been injured. Who else?

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Notice how the majority of the people defending this team is from Western Canada. Isn't that ironic?

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
Notice how the majority of the people defending this team is from Western Canada. Isn't that ironic?
this has nothing to do with defending team Canada (that's another thread)

I'm defending Western Canada from your useless rant

CanoeRider

Mar 15, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta
Hart_House_Ca said:
and people wonder why the West wants to separate from the East? Because there are some real winners(sarcasm) there

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I've seen some atrocious posts and sentiments on this board - but this has to be at the top of the list.

Bottom line: These boys will represent TEAM CANADA. It's an entire country, get over it. Personally, I could care less if the entire team came from B.C., or the Yukon. I'll cheer them on as best as I can.

Every year, there are fans from different regions that have gripes over the selection camp invitees, or the actual teams.

At times, the gripes have been justified and at times they haven't. This time, it seems the bias towards the WHL is a tad more evident. However to say that there exists this massive conspiracy or that in subsequent years, WHL players should be banned - is foolish at best.

To say that Canadians should cheer AGAINST TEAM CANADA - raises the bar of stupidity a notch higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->