Hockey Hall of Fame 2017

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
teemu.jpg

Who deserves it?

Forwards: Daniel Alfredsson, Petr Nedved, Ray Whitney, Ryan Smyth, Saku Koivu, Teemu Selanne, Todd Bertuzzi

Defense: Ed Jovanovski, Tomas Kaberle

Goaltenders: Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Nikolai Khabibulin, Tomas Vokoun

Last edited:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Recchi will probably get in, but this is a very underwhelming group

Recchi and Selanne deserve it, not sure anyone else does

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Selanne is a lock.

Recchi should get in, but wouldn't be surprised if they continue to make him wait, because that's just what they do.

Alfredsson should get in also, I wouldn't be surprised if they make him wait, but I kind of expect him to get in right away because he was the face and captain of a franchise for so long.

I'd like to see Paul Kariya get in as the fourth.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Very underwhelming group. The only players with even a hope have already been mentioned here.

I am on the "Alfie is a HHOFer" side.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Selanne is probably the only no-doubter.

Alfredsson should make it eventually, whether next year or not.

I don't mind a small class next year. I'd rather they lean more towards a smaller rather than a larger Hall.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
Selänne must be a lock. Would love to see Kariya go in at the same time.

What´s peoples tought about LeClair in such a weak year? His 6 year 94-00 is worthy as a peak. The total numbers may be to weak I guess. Surprisingly simular numbers to Neely, outside Neelys goodly 140 games peak 90-94 of course.

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Selanne is a lock.

Recchi should get in, but wouldn't be surprised if they continue to make him wait, because that's just what they do.

Alfredsson should get in also, I wouldn't be surprised if they make him wait, but I kind of expect him to get in right away because he was the face and captain of a franchise for so long.

I'd like to see Paul Kariya get in as the fourth.

I 100% agree! Selanne, Recchi, Alfredsson, and Kariya should be the player's class next year. Although I am a biased Ducks fan so that partially explains my reasons for a Kariya pick.

Who deserves it?

Forwards: Daniel Alfredsson, Petr Nedved, Ray Whitney, Ryan Smyth, Saku Koivu, Teemu Selanne, Todd Bertuzzi

Defense: Ed Jovanovski, Tomas Kaberle

Goaltenders: Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Nikolai Khabibulin, Tomas Vokoun

Of these player I feel only Selanne, Alfredsson are locks with Koivu getting in at some point down the line. Everyone else belongs in the Hall of Very Good, not the HHOF (except for Kaberle, who wouldn't make that fictitious hall).

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
seeing as how they are taking weak years as opportunities to settle unfinished business, maybe jc tremblay gets in? or carl brewer?

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
seeing as how they are taking weak years as opportunities to settle unfinished business, maybe jc tremblay gets in? or carl brewer?

That would be great. Tremblay deserves it. Brewer had HOF talent and was clearly on track had he not retired so early. I'd love if Brewer got in, but I'd understand why he hasn't thus far. Though the Leaf I'd like to see inducted most is Jimmy Thomson. That 1940's dynasty needs a defenceman in the HOF. And frankly, he should've been inducted long ago. Problem is he probably doesn't have any backers in the committee anymore.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Alfie will get in quick mostly because he was irreproachable his entire career and was a long-standing captain.All class all along.They love that.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Selanne first ballot. Alfredsson eventually but doesn't have to be right away.

Kariya can go in, too. Might be cool to see him and Selanne at the same time.

Recchi too.

I'd vote: Selanne, Kariya, Joseph, Barrasso. Two goalies. Why not.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
Soft spot for Jovo, to be honest I would be the most exited for him(here's holding out for him maybe to et a rogie moment ;)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Selanne, Kariya and somebody else, preferably not Alfie. Not this time, not ever either.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
selanne is a lock

recchi probably gets in too since it's a weak class

i'd love to see kariya get in too so he and selanne can go in together. it would only be fitting

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
re handicapping the beezer, barahole, cujo group, what is cujo's old boys q rating? he played for toronto, so that's a huge plus. but he left on unhappy terms. and his immediate successor, though old and thought by many to be washed up, basically equaled his success in blue and white.

that said, you have to think cujo's chances, based solely on not embarrassing the game like beezer did and not being a giant hole like barasso, has to give him the edge. and while both of the other guys are american, which quite frankly also helps, neither established himself as team usa's golden boy, leaving a hole that was filled by richter in the 90s.

Admiral Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
What´s peoples tought about LeClair in such a weak year? His 6 year 94-00 is worthy as a peak. The total numbers may be to weak I guess. Surprisingly simular numbers to Neely, outside Neelys goodly 140 games peak 90-94 of course.

I'd love to see Johnny Vermont make it. Certainly don't think it would be undeserved.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Other than Selanne, I would rather them stick with some of the pre-NHL European greats until there is at least a reasonable contingent. That won't happen though. Guys like Tremblay and Recchi were great players, but the HHOF loses nothing by keeping them out. There is something missing when the great pre-NHL Europeans other than Kharlamov and Tretiak are on the outside.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
that is the most likely passed over guy, actually. sigh

It wouldn't bother me, but it doesn't bother me that he stays out either.

But if I'm a betting man, I think he stays out. I think the omisson of a clearly deserving (based solely on talent and offensive output) player like Turgeon is a way for the committee to demonstrate "it's not all about stats".

What really interests me is, in the fantasy world where Turgeon doesn't get injured for 15, 22 and 30 games in three of his four best (by adjusted points per game) seasons and he has points finishes of 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, do they still make an example out of him?

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Figured I'd likely be the first to mention him....

13508844_10154276524507445_4158592273097417406_n.jpg

If he doesn't get in next year, I'm heading to the HOF and burning that **** down. With all the committee members in it.

Also, you guys should root for him to get inducted finally as well, because that's when I'll finally shut up about it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad