"Hockey gear and manufacturers that don't exist anymore" thread

TonyTinglebone

Oct 6, 2008
haha, what a fantastic thread. Anyone remember Torspo shafts? I remember they used to give them away at hockey tourneys. Don't know if anyone ever bought one. Also is Hespeler still in business? I seem to recall Gretz buying them a while back, but I haven't been able to find any gear locally.

9Rocket

Jan 14, 2009
Lindenhurst, NY
CHIMO, Northland, Western, Red Titan turbo sticks(Bossy)
Ferland 3300(Best gloves ever IMO), Rawlings, D&R golves
Daoust skates with perfecta blade, Adidas skates

pfloyd75

Sep 17, 2008
Atlanta, GA
We may soon add Mission and Itech to the list as they were purchased by Bauer. I don't know if Bauer plans on keeping their names around or just assimilating their products into the Bauer line.

Hobgoblin Steve

Bacon of Light
Feb 5, 2009
Bay Ridge
We may soon add Mission and Itech to the list as they were purchased by Bauer. I don't know if Bauer plans on keeping their names around or just assimilating their products into the Bauer line.

whaaaaaat? Mission has been eaten? Im like a Mission poster-boy :/ I hope they keep the name and logo, I happen to like it alot.

Speaking of Christian sticks, Ive still got a few that I use for roller hockey, they rock!

pfloyd75

Sep 17, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I know man. Coming from roller hockey, I'm a big Mission fan myself. My first ice skates were the Fuel 95 AG's.

The bad news is that the ice equipment line will be discontinued or rebranded Bauer. The good news? The roller hockey line will retain the Mission name and logo.

I started out playing roller too, at one point my goalie pads, skates, and both gloves were Mission. The Mission gear didn't fare well when I switched to Ice, so I had to get different stuff, though my current leg pads are Itechs so they are lumped in with Mission too. Sad to see everything getting eaten up by Bauer and RBK.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
The white nike skates Fedorov wore with the Red Wings. If you had these you were boss.

377620.jpg

tintin

Feb 5, 2009
I think torspo is in the one piece game, and Mia{now warrior} used to make gloves for them
Mia used to make alot of RBK PRO GLOVES

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Lange skates and Northland sticks were the first things that came to mind. Anybody remember or ever use a Northland stick called "The Cannon"? The blade had a heel on it that stuck out in the back. It weighed a ton.
I still have an Easton aluminum shaft that I like better than anything else I've used. And I can't seem to throw away my Kangaroo Tacks. Best skates EVER!!!

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I had a pretty sweet wooden Jofa stick. It was ridiculously heavy but I used to love using it on D. It's too bad that I outgrew it.

I also have a soft spot for the CCM Vector v50... I had a really high-scoring season w/ that stick. Eventually it was discontinued and replaced with the Vector V40.

Oh, and in my first year I had a big red Cooper helmet.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
does anybody remember those hespeler blades that were offset. Not the blade itself, but the part going into the shaft was set back about a half inch or so. Used one for two games, ended up selling it for $5 and a few beers after that game. It can be yours for $2.99 plus shipping.
http://www.hockeyworld.com/prodHome.ihtml?pid=4385&catID=146&shop=11

Titan was either rebranded or bought out by Koho (Karhu), and eventually became part of The Hockey Company along with Jofa, Canadien, Koho, CCM, and a few more that are slipping my mind. They were bought out by Reebok, which eventually became a subsidiary of Adidas.

Somebody mentioned Torpso. If these are the sticks I'm thinking of, didn't they weight about 3 tons?

Koho was known for making the Revolution, but they also have a Gold Revolution. All black, gold koho print, and probably one of the lightest sticks I've used in the mid 90s

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The other night I was getting dressed for a game and started thinking about how much gear I have that is made by defunct brands. I have Cooper shins and shoulders, Koho elbows, Bauer (I guess that will be back as it's own name now) pants and helmet. The only things I have that are from current brands are my NikeBauer skates, my 10+ year old Easton gloves, and TPS and Easton stick. It's probably time to replace some of the stuff, as I've had some of it since peewee.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
how about the late '80s when I think Jofa (Titan maybe?) had a "one piece" type stick that was fibreglass, and had on oval shape shaft that was dark blue in colour and had yellow lettering on it. Ended up making a better road hockey stick than on ice.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
how about the late '80s when I think Jofa (Titan maybe?) had a "one piece" type stick that was fibreglass, and had on oval shape shaft that was dark blue in colour and had yellow lettering on it. Ended up making a better road hockey stick than on ice.

Pretty sure it was a Koho.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
I just bought a brand new royal blue CCM HT2 helmet on ebay. With the old CCM logo. Man, I can't wait, it should be arriving in a couple of days.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
Titan was either rebranded or bought out by Koho (Karhu), and eventually became part of The Hockey Company along with Jofa, Canadien, Koho, CCM, and a few more that are slipping my mind. They were bought out by Reebok, which eventually became a subsidiary of Adidas.

Reebok (rbk) was acquired/merged with adidas prior to its Hockey Company acquisition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad