Post-Game Talk: Hockey game

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but I feel like Kovalchuk needs to be promoted to the top-6..

Aint gonna happen. Oshie and Wilson are the heart of the team. They are staying with long term contracts. Kovy is gone and he is produced nothing to run either of 77 or 43 off of their spots in the lineup

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Good win. Good to see Oshie and Wilson playing well and getting on the board. Kuznetsov was much better. Backstrom wasn't great but was better. Kovalchuk played well and is creating chances. Gudas should never wear a Caps jersey again and ideally neither does Kempny if Carlson comes back as I thought Fehervary looked very solid. Will be nice to get Eller back even though I thought Boyd was fine. Holtby was terrific.

Need more from Vrana and Ovechkin, both of whom had chances and played ok but left me wanting more. Otherwise let's get the real games started and see what they have.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He carried them in the playoffs when he was rested. When he was overworked, he let them down in tbe big games late in series. His best numbers were earlier in his career, not 2016-2017.
Holtby never really let the team down in the playoffs. He has always been solid. Most playoffs seasons he was our best player.

Reactions: JenniferH

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
That almost felt like a playoff game in the 3rd.

+
Wilson
Holtby

-
Siegenthaler
First line scoring, again

Bring on The Turtle.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
I liked Fehervary. A lot. He needs to be playing instead of Gudas. If Carlson is back he can sit, but i liked his game. Loved Holtby. ZenGoalie is back. Top 6 looked better as the game went along and better after the Vrana Ov switch

This looked to be true, I only hope it's not just Holtby's innate Boston dominance at play!

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Aint gonna happen. Oshie and Wilson are the heart of the team. They are staying with long term contracts. Kovy is gone and he is produced nothing to run either of 77 or 43 off of their spots in the lineup
Read down the thread. Nobody is taking them off of there.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I liked Fehervary. A lot. He needs to be playing instead of Gudas. If Carlson is back he can sit, but i liked his game. Loved Holtby. ZenGoalie is back. Top 6 looked better as the game went along and better after the Vrana Ov switch
Fehervary did look good. I was impressed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think so. I thought Vrana looked pretty bad for a while now and deserved to spend some time on the bottom 6.

I dont agree with your evaluation but Vrana is a left wing. Kovy is not a left wing. Vrana is staying and Kovy is going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->