Post-Game Talk: Hockey game

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but I feel like Kovalchuk needs to be promoted to the top-6. Yeah, doesn't create much on his current line but I do feel he needs someone to actually play with, not to run around chasing the puck. Someone who would slow the play down, find him with a good pass that would connect right in stride, he'd give it back and they'd just make things happen. Hagelin, Boyd, Eller... I'm sorry but they are not those guys and Kovalchuk being way past his prime doesn't help things get better either.

Reactions: Misery74

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but I feel like Kovalchuk needs to be promoted to the top-6. Yeah, doesn't create much on his current line but I do feel he needs someone to actually play with, not to run around chasing the puck. Someone who would slow the play down, find him with a good pass that would connect right in stride, he'd give it back and they'd just make things happen. Hagelin, Boyd, Eller... I'm sorry but they are not those guys and Kovalchuk being way past his prime doesn't help things get better either.
Not against this, but who do you send down?

Oshie and Wilson are the motors of the team, I wouldn't want to see either of them with less ice time

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I'm sending Vrana down
Vrana's a frustrating one. I'm constantly waiting for him to break out, but it just never seems to happen, he seems to have all the tools, just can't seem to put it together

29 saves for Holtby, wow, he's really a Bruins killer

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

you may be right, but even with the puck on his stick, results have been average at best.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He had been benched for the final two months that year, which is why he didn't start the playoffs.

He put up big regular season numbers when they rode him into the ground, then faltered in the playoffs each year. THe year he was borderline Conn Smythe was the year he was rested (from being benched).
But he carried them in the playoffs. And if you have watched Holtby's career you would know that he has always played well in the playoffs. He has some sick playoff numbers.

Reactions: JenniferH and txpd

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Pres Trophy winners lose their first 3 warm-up matches. Can the Canes sweep them when play begins for real?

Reactions: searle

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
As bad as we looked, the only team that took it to us since the restart was the Flyers. We looked the better against the Bolts after a miserable 1st period. Looked decent against Boston and Carolina in the exhibition.

Reactions: JenniferH

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
That Wilson goal was a thing of beauty - coaches should have that as a big part of the video session, it's the perfect example of what effort gets you
Wilson is probably our best all around player right now. He does everything for this team. Not really a weakness in his game.

Reactions: searle

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
But he carried them in the playoffs. And if you have watched Holtby's career you would know that he has always played well in the playoffs. He has some sick playoff numbers.

He carried them in the playoffs when he was rested. When he was overworked, he let them down in tbe big games late in series. His best numbers were earlier in his career, not 2016-2017.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
As bad as we looked, the only team that took it to us since the restart was the Flyers. We looked the better against the Bolts after a miserable 1st period. Looked decent against Boston and Carolina in the exhibition.

I dont really see the Bolts as a loss - the shootout and 3v3 hockey have no place in determining playoff seeding...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad