Post-Game Talk: Hockey game vs leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'm on board with moving Bura, he needs a shake up.....again..... Also the Niski injury is going to be very very costly. We just couldn't lose a D man, much less our best. Glad we kept them in check for the most part, but I feel like it came at the expense of us doing anything offensively. Hopefully we develop some of these kids and are clicking come January ish. If not we could be looking at the fire sale some here want to see.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Vrana and Burakovsi have no puck handling skills whatsoever. Bura in particular is playing with no confidence.

Have we outshot anyone this season?

I don’t know who the Caps can hire, but it’s painfully obvious that Trotz cannot create a cleaner, puck moving, efficient team. We can talk about the losses all we want but it reared its ugly head in playoff series year after year. What else are we waiting for?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Kadri undresses Ovi at the point

And why wouldn't he, Ovechkin is not a defensemen.

We talked all summer about this season being a wild card team, why are people surprised when they lose?

I want the rookies to play and if that means growing pains then so be it. I understand that Trotz is coaching for his job, but I hope he gives them a shot (no choice for now I guess).

I will judge this team, and every NHL at the twenty game mark.

Reactions: burlivo

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
And why wouldn't he, Ovechkin is not a defensemen.

Why won't Barry try Bowey at right, or Djoos at left, when we need a goal. Bowey has a great shot.

I cannot be the only one that is over Ovi playing defense. Of all the players. If he was to get a proper point shot off, that extra man in front won't want to be there out of fear getting his bell rung.

I am not surprised when we lose. We have won more than I thought we would.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Vrana and Burakovsi have no puck handling skills whatsoever. Bura in particular is playing with no confidence.

Have we outshot anyone this season?

I don’t know who the Caps can hire, but it’s painfully obvious that Trotz cannot create a cleaner, puck moving, efficient team. We can talk about the losses all we want but it reared its ugly head in playoff series year after year. What else are we waiting for?

Because the coach isn't the problem. Thought that was obvious by now. They've done basically every system possible from the high offense of Boudreau to the dale hunter era to whatever Oates was trying to do. After a while it's the players

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Still too early to panic. We are not a great team anymore... in a regular season. That was expected. They need to find ways to win like all other teams do and hopefully this battle will help them to advance further in the playoffs.... They are the caps, I know, I know. At least, Barry has a proven track record of making the playoffs with a much worse roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’ll say it again,
Because the coach isn't the problem. Thought that was obvious by now. They've done basically every system possible from the high offense of Boudreau to the dale hunter era to whatever Oates was trying to do. After a while it's the players
Which of them has had playoff success anywhere? Last year (and certainly this year) are very different teams from Boudreau’s.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We're going to make the playoffs, I'm pretty confident. Look around the division or even the Eastern Conference. A lot of teams regressed, maybe not as much as us, but I'd be surprised if the back-to-back President's Trophy winners all of a sudden missed the playoffs. Holtby and the top 6 at the very least should be able to keep us afloat. We might not win the division, but I doubt there are more than 7 teams better than us in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->