Post-Game Talk: Hockey Game 1 of 10 - 7:00ish ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Fans in the stands for the first time today for the Caps. Big day. Don't blow it.

Reactions: Calicaps

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I thought this game was in NY.

Oh whoops! For some reason I thought today was April 27. Good thing too. I would have gone to get vaccinated later today and feel really really dumb.

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Still no Caps tickets available to the public for the 27th. I assume season ticket holders get first dibs .. as it should be.

Nothing on the re-sell market either ... have they even gotten tickets out yet?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Sheary to 3rd line, our top 6 are playing in the top 2 lines. I kinda liked having 3 scoring capable lines but after that Boston result and 3-4 days to introduce some new lines, why not.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Unleash the Bantha

Image-00-Header.jpg

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Sheary to 3rd line, our top 6 are playing in the top 2 lines. I kinda liked having 3 scoring capable lines but after that Boston result and 3-4 days to introduce some new lines, why not.

The lines have been the same since Mantha was added, save for Raffl in for Sprong (and Chara and Schultz each out for a game).

I think Sheary-Eller gives you two legitimate third liners who can play responsibly and put numbers up. The question now is how does Raffl affect that line, or can Sprong be trusted with more responsibility? (Keep in mind the Flyers had Raffl as their 4C. GMBM says he's a guy who can 'move up and down the lineup' as he does with every acquisition.)

I'd be in no hurry to put bump Mantha or Oshie down, given how well that trio is playing (and how the Sheary-Backstrom-X lines didn't have quite as much firepower as usual). If needs be, you can always try Sheary as 2RW and Oshie as 3RW.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
The lines have been the same since Mantha was added, save for Raffl in for Sprong (and Chara and Schultz each out for a game).

I think Sheary-Eller gives you two legitimate third liners who can play responsibly and put numbers up. The question now is how does Raffl affect that line, or can Sprong be trusted with more responsibility? (Keep in mind the Flyers had Raffl as their 4C. GMBM says he's a guy who can 'move up and down the lineup' as he does with every acquisition.)

I'd be in no hurry to put bump Mantha or Oshie down, given how well that trio is playing (and how the Sheary-Backstrom-X lines didn't have quite as much firepower as usual). If needs be, you can always try Sheary as 2RW and Oshie as 3RW.

Cool thanks, I thought Sheary was still getting some 2nd line time after the trade.

Reactions: HecticGlow

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Tickets for Caps games are funky. I share season tickets and there are two interesting things:

1. Season ticket holder must be present. There is no sharing of tickets electronically (which means no secondary market). My buddy can’t even transfer to me. He has to be there.
2. Our seats are in 109 - we couldn’t get anything in the lower bowl. I believe the intent (although nobody will admit it) is that the lower bowl needs to look pretty sparse so it doesn’t look reckless or bring lawsuits. But the upper deck will be much more full (relatively speaking). Check for that nuance when we play at home on 27th and beyond.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Tickets for Caps games are funky. I share season tickets and there are two interesting things:

1. Season ticket holder must be present. There is no sharing of tickets electronically (which means no secondary market). My buddy can’t even transfer to me. He has to be there.
2. Our seats are in 109 - we couldn’t get anything in the lower bowl. I believe the intent (although nobody will admit it) is that the lower bowl needs to look pretty sparse so it doesn’t look reckless or bring lawsuits. But the upper deck will be much more full (relatively speaking). Check for that nuance when we play at home on 27th and beyond.

interesting .... I really really want to go to a limited capacity game. Any info you can post as you learn it would be greatly appreciated.

I saw tickets for like the caps vs flyers or devils (i forget) were pretty cheap, available at like $80 bucks. tempted to take a mini road trip

arraaeterqx.jpeg

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Sprong might have a hard time getting back in the lineup. I’m assuming Lavi specifically wanted Raffl from his experience with him before.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA

I hate shit like this. They make it SO hard for people to go to a game...I really don't have time to go hold my friends hand at the stadium to give him my tickets if I can't/don't want to make it.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I bet if you’re in the first two rows, you’re in the lower bowl! Time to upgrade! ;)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I was looking at StubHub tickets today for the caps they are pretty affordable but hearing that they can’t be transferred I feel like you would just lose money on StubHub

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Sprong might have a hard time getting back in the lineup. I’m assuming Lavi specifically wanted Raffl from his experience with him before.

Actually one of the few Caps-related things I learned from the Athletic recently is Raffl didn’t play under Laviolette:

A familiar Capitals foe, Michael Raffl brought in to add versatility, depth and grit
The Athletic said:
Raffl does know Laviolette — a little, anyway. He went through a training camp in Philadelphia in 2013-14 when Laviolette was the head coach.

“But once I got called back up, he was already fired,” Raffl explained. “So we never really crossed paths into the NHL, except for him being the opposing coach, of course.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad