Hockey Equip (skates) usually on sale when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
I know some stores sell older skates at stores around the new year to prepare for the new year stock but I was wondering when (month) the skates (new models) get discounted again? Maybe in June when it gets sunny? When should I see changes on online hockey sites?

IkeaMonkey*

...How cheap are you looking for them to go??? I mean, some sites are selling $450 04 CCM Pro Tacks for $200...not to mention various other top of the line skates for close to half price...

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
So many people play year round that there really isn't any off season. But I do know that the local ice shops in my area offer some insane prices in the summer to clear out old inventory. I would think online would be the same. The problem is that the clearance stuff is usually so picked over that it's hard to find specific models or sizes.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Sticks of Fury said:
I know some stores sell older skates at stores around the new year to prepare for the new year stock but I was wondering when (month) the skates (new models) get discounted again? Maybe in June when it gets sunny? When should I see changes on online hockey sites?

For the most part, the 2005 product line for most companies comes out in the spring. Starting around December through March is when all the big sales are and you will not see anymore big sales or discounts until the same time next year.

The summer is one of the biggest times for selling hockey equipment because that is when everyone is buying new stuff and stocking up on equipment for the next season, which is why it's very rare to see any sales or big discounts during this time.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
DynamoAO said:
...How cheap are you looking for them to go??? I mean, some sites are selling $450 04 CCM Pro Tacks for $200...not to mention various other top of the line skates for close to half price...

I just got into looking at buying skates so I don't really know how much they are usually selling for and what is good or not. But did search around the internet for info.

Just drooling over the high end skates and tired of looking at "call for prices" on the websites. I am at a phase of just looking for skates on the internet and ebay.
I gotta stop...

I guess it is hit or miss with sales and discounts. I think those manufacturing websites like bauer and ccm are getting me to buy to want to buy their things... Like the vector OPSticks and stuff. Slick websites esp the bauer one with video of samsonov and kovalchuk and st.louis.

btw, to DynamoAO
What would you choose?
Pro tacks or Vector 7.0
Vector pros or Vector ZG

Also since I live in Taiwan I really drool because I can't find most high end skates here.

IkeaMonkey*

Sticks of Fury said:
btw, to DynamoAO
What would you choose?
Pro tacks or Vector 7.0
Vector pros or Vector ZG

For the price out of the Pro Tacks and Vector 7.0s, I'd take the Pro Tacks.You can find the 04 Pro Tacks on HockeyMonkey and HockeyGiant for $200ish, an extremely good price for a $400+ skate.The Vector 7s are a great skate, but they are about $300 and wont be falling for a while.

Of the Vector Pros and Vector ZG, I'd take the Pros. As you said, you live in Taiwan, so it would be very hard im guessing to find runners to replace on the ZGs T-Blades runners when they go dull. Plus the Pros would be cheaper than the top of the line ZG 130s.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Thanks DynamoAO!

A little inclined to go with T'blades because no one here trusts the skate sharperner guy. ;) But can't go wrong on any of the CCM skates mentioned. Just need to save up the money.

IkeaMonkey*

There were no changes made IIRC, to the Vector line from the 04 to the 05.

Anthony*

Accord said:
For the most part, the 2005 product line for most companies comes out in the spring. Starting around December through March is when all the big sales are and you will not see anymore big sales or discounts until the same time next year.

The summer is one of the biggest times for selling hockey equipment because that is when everyone is buying new stuff and stocking up on equipment for the next season, which is why it's very rare to see any sales or big discounts during this time.
accord is right

usually when you see the new years models hitting the shelves, youll see sales on older models

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
The www.nhl.com site has some good stuff for sale and comparatively cheaper than other sites.

For skates:

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=694227&cp=711693&view=all

I don't know much about the one piece stick but here it is.

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=694222&cp=1900509&view=all

I was looking about for the Bauer composite VII replacement blade and I have seen it for 34.99 US and 29.00 US but NHL.com has it for 26.97US

http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=694302&cp=1900509&view=all

Last edited:

chum

Feb 27, 2002
Sticks of Fury said:
Also since I live in Taiwan I really drool because I can't find most high end skates here.
there's ice in taiwan? if so, where?
and do people play hockey there?

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
chum said:
there's ice in taiwan? if so, where?
and do people play hockey there?

There is one in XiJHr (near the Costco) in the Acer building that burned a few years ago. It also has Carrefour hypermarket. It is beside Neihu (xiJr).<- I can't get the spelling right but sounds like sheejir. Taipei county.

There is also another small stadium with I think two good sized rinks in downtown to be opened in October of 2005. Dun Hua and NanJing near the Asia world complex.

Drop in ice hockey on thursdays at 9:00pm and can rent most items from the rink.

They also just started a league up with its first game of the season tonight.

chum

Feb 27, 2002
interesting. too bad it is way north (if i go back to taiwan i probably will stay in tainan).

are there a lot of locals that play there?

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
chum said:
interesting. too bad it is way north (if i go back to taiwan i probably will stay in tainan).

are there a lot of locals that play there?

I would say so. Most of them cross over from roller hockey. Good skaters but don't really dart that well. North South movement good but goalscoring ability is lacking I think. Most of the time the foreigners end up scoring more.

chum

Feb 27, 2002
Sticks of Fury said:
I would say so. Most of them cross over from roller hockey. Good skaters but don't really dart that well. North South movement good but goalscoring ability is lacking I think. Most of the time the foreigners end up scoring more.
ya, puck is heavier ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad