Hockey DB

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Personally I like how I can click the photos and bring up past headshots.
giphy.gif

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Hockeyreference is the top site in my opinon
Great for in depth info, I go there if I need to more than a very simple stat line

Hockeydb is just nice and easy if I just want to quickly look up a certain players production

I go to Eliteprospects often for prospect stat info since it goes so far back into midget and high school data, and college is usually updated faster there

You can kind of use all three to your advantage, they all offer different use cases. I used db the most though

Reactions: shello

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
Hockeydb was my go to hockey stats site forever but about a year ago I got labeled as a possible bot because I guess I used the site too much researching retro players for EA NHL rosters I was working on so now every time I try to use the site I have to do one of those "click all the squares containing cars" tests to prove to a computer that I'm a human. :laugh:

Hockeyreference is my new jam that site is awesome.

Same crap happens to me, sooo annoying, just gave up on hockeydb...

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Hockey db for simple stuff. And for trade history.

Elite prospects for stats of less prominent leagues, especially European ones.

Hockey reference for more complex stats, like point shares, era adjusted. Also for their play index season finder.

Quant hockey for the occasional lookup of stats by province or country.

Reactions: irunthepeg

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Eliteprospects also plagiarizes the other sites (which I know Ralph has found when he makes a mistake and it propagates to that site).

Probably doesn't matter to the end users, but it should.

Do you know which site have original data? My guess is h-r does?

My only wishlist from h-r would be a more throughout database from pre-consolidation leagues, but since it's free can't complain too much.

I have most of this on an excel sheet anyway, but I hate excel and prefer just going online.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Do you know which site have original data? My guess is h-r does?

My only wishlist from h-r would be a more throughout database from pre-consolidation leagues, but since it's free can't complain too much.

I have most of this on an excel sheet anyway, but I hate excel and prefer just going online.

HockeyDB has original data - I know through SIHR that Ralph spends quite a bit of own money tracking down obscure league media guides and programs.

Hockey-Reference is probably original data as well (from what I know of the team and how they operate) - they don't go as deep as HockeyDB, though.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
HockeyDB has original data - I know through SIHR that Ralph spends quite a bit of own money tracking down obscure league media guides and programs.

Hockey-Reference is probably original data as well (from what I know of the team and how they operate) - they don't go as deep as HockeyDB, though.

Thank you

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Great site, clean and simple...but you would think they would list the Stanley cup wins underneath or with the awards sections, kind of annoying to always go to a different site like wiki to get that info.

That's quite a good suggestion, being able to tell how many Cups a player has won right from their page. You should suggest it if you haven't already. That would be a useful addition. They could even do something simple like put an asterisk next to the team name when that team has won the Cup in that season or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad