Hockey Day in Canada comes to HMCS Halifax

MajorityRules*

Seems our ship will be hosting a flight deck hockey game tomorrow afternoon in support of Hockey Day in Canada. Ron Maclean and Wendel Clark are supposed to be showing up for autographs and such and then our ships company is having our picture taken with the Cup. I think the funniest thing I heard was one of the young guys working for me is going to try and get Clark to sign his Phaneuf jersey. I told him that's quite the insult to Clark.
Anyway, lots of press for this. Wish I'd brought my Clark picture.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Hockey game on a flight deck. I'll go with Maverick getting the winner and Iceman getting kicked for punching Goose during a scrum

scosar

Mar 17, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Seems our ship will be hosting a flight deck hockey game tomorrow afternoon in support of Hockey Day in Canada. Ron Maclean and Wendel Clark are supposed to be showing up for autographs and such and then our ships company is having our picture taken with the Cup. I think the funniest thing I heard was one of the young guys working for me is going to try and get Clark to sign his Phaneuf jersey. I told him that's quite the insult to Clark.
Anyway, lots of press for this. Wish I'd brought my Clark picture.

Cool, In a life long ago, I used to walk every inch of the Halifax as it was being built in the dock at Saint John. Was there right up till it went out for Sea Trials. I love seeing the FFG's wherever they are.

MajorityRules*

Cool, In a life long ago, I used to walk every inch of the Halifax as it was being built in the dock at Saint John. Was there right up till it went out for Sea Trials. I love seeing the FFG's wherever they are.

That would have been right around the time I started my career. The ship is somewhat different now after it's refit. Created a new mess where #2 stores used to be, split one mess in half to make 2 messes, combined 2 messes to make 1 mess, increased the size of the OPS room. I've sailed on 4 of them so far.
Anyway, should be an entertaining day tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad