Hockey Countries compared to Soccer Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Epsilon said:
How about Theoren Fleury = Paul Gasgoine? ;)
Nah, i can't live with that..
Gascoigne had more in terms of pure skills but never put it all together with any consistency, while Fleury just excelled in taking out the max from what he got (skills/SIZE).
For Fleury the first name that comes to my mind is Rooney, but i don't know if it's so accurate..
As for Gascoigne i would try with Kovalev.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
helicecopter said:
Nah, i can't live with that..
Gascoigne had more in terms of pure skills but never put it all together with any consistency, while Fleury just excelled in taking out the max from what he got (skills/SIZE).
For Fleury the first name that comes to my mind is Rooney, but i don't know if it's so accurate..
As for Gascoigne i would try with Kovalev.

Of course Epsilon is also refering to attitude. For instance Fleury once challenged Worrel, Gascoigne was crazy too. Both were characteristic players while Fleury could still play in the NHL. The same can be said of Gascoigne, he ruined a huge part of his career with alcohol and women. We know Fleury liked beer well.

As for Gascoigne - who never put it all together with any consistency - you must have missed his years with Tottenham and his first year with Lazio.

Master Kush

Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
Well i think the best comparison to Forsberg (minus the injuries) is Pavel Nedved.

So, Forsberg = Nedved

Reasons:
Both of them are real hard workers that play intensely the whole game. Both of them are primarily playmakers but can score key goals as well. They can both dominate when they are on their game. They can be both (arguably) considered the most complete player in their respective sport.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Master Kush said:
Well i think the best comparison to Forsberg (minus the injuries) is Pavel Nedved.

So, Forsberg = Nedved

Reasons:
Both of them are real hard workers that play intensely the whole game. Both of them are primarily playmakers but can score key goals as well. They can both dominate when they are on their game. They can be both (arguably) considered the most complete player in their respective sport.
Forsberg can (could?) dominate a game much more than Nedved and moreover Forsberg is way more skilled! Also Nedved is far from being a playmaker..

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Frolov 6'3 said:
Of course Epsilon is also refering to attitude. For instance Fleury once challenged Worrel, Gascoigne was crazy too. Both were characteristic players while Fleury could still play in the NHL. The same can be said of Gascoigne, he ruined a huge part of his career with alcohol and women. We know Fleury liked beer well.
mmh..yes, as for this aspect the comparison makes sense.

Frolov 6'3 said:
As for Gascoigne - who never put it all together with any consistency - you must have missed his years with Tottenham and his first year with Lazio.
I didn't miss the first year with Lazio, where he had some great stretches. But he was too crazy to be relied on consistently, unlike Fleury i would say. I saw just some games of him with Tottenham anyway..

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Hmm

Fleury = Tino Asprilla

Gascoigne was the no1 most fouled player at Italia 90.. ahead of Maradona etc.. defenders couldnt stop him. The same is pretty much true of Forsberg aka Floppa. Maybe Guy LaFleur would be a good comparision.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Slime said:
Uh... what? What is he if not a (great) playmaker?!

Yeah what is he if not a playmaker? It is he who controls Juve's midfield, and generates their opportunities for the strikers. He's the guy on the field who makes the runs, and distributes it to Trez or DP to make the goal.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Frolov 6'3 said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about, I didn't really mean to compare them as players.

rye&ginger

Jan 4, 2004
Vancouver
Tricolore#20 said:
Yeah what is he if not a playmaker? It is he who controls Juve's midfield, and generates their opportunities for the strikers. He's the guy on the field who makes the runs, and distributes it to Trez or DP to make the goal.

the issue is that a playmaker is thought as being gracefull, which Nedved is not. He runs at your like a train and the only way to stop him is to hack him down, which happens A LOT if you watch a lot of Juve games, which I do. Still he is a plamaker as he makes things happen, just not the sort of playmakers that Zidane or Ronaldinho are. Nedved actually plays better with a stereotypical midfield playmaker, such as when Veron and him were at Lazio and how he operates with Rosicky on the Czech team.

Forza Juventus!

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Tricolore#20 said:
Sorry, but Nedved is FAR from being a playmaker. He runs with the ball until shooting,diving or getting fouls 99% of the times he gets it..
Kovalchuk gets some assists too, but he is not a playmaker i guess..

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
rangers said:
Have you ever seen Mini play? I guess not...

Mikey's wife right? Yeah, she's cute.. Horrible at playing soccer though, just too small, too soft and an awful header (must be the big ears)..

SChan*

rangers said:
And you cannot see the Mini ---> Pavel comparison? Jeez...Swedes :shakehead

What does americans or canadians know about soccer anyway? Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->