Hockey Central @ Noon

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
This is a link to Hockey Central @ Noon (Hockey Central @ Noon), which podcasts each day from Toronto. It's an interesting and informative show, except when talking about the Golden Knights..the Knights are a joke to them, barely mentioned and when they are, it's pretty dismissive. Especially the latest shows from Wednesday & Thursday, the 15th and 16th. Playoffs? Are you kidding? Immediately dismissed.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
This is a link to Hockey Central @ Noon (Hockey Central @ Noon), which podcasts each day from Toronto. It's an interesting and informative show, except when talking about the Golden Knights..the Knights are a joke to them, barely mentioned and when they are, it's pretty dismissive. Especially the latest shows from Wednesday & Thursday, the 15th and 16th. Playoffs? Are you kidding? Immediately dismissed.

Whether the Knights should even make a run for the playoffs (as apposed to long term team development) is another topic.

I listen to a lot of NHL Network radio. Much of it is also based from Toronto. And much of it has a very pro-(Anglo)-Canadian bias. Hockey in the American Southwest is the antithesis to what the traditionalists from Toronto can conceive.

First, let me say I admire the Leafs fans. They are as knowledgeable and passionate as any in the game. They are some of the most friendly fans around, too. The Toronto media, on the other hand, is the worst.

The Toronto media drove Phil Kessel out of Toronto, for example. As a Pens fan, I must thank them for forcing his trade to Pittsburgh, helping to give the Pens two Stanley Cups:

I predict that the Toronto media will one day force Auston Matthews out of Toronto. He is a perfect target for their stupidity: He's an American (like Phil Kessel) from a non-traditional hockey market (Arizona) who will fail to live up to their unrealistic expectations. Only an unnamed Canadian playing for some unnamed team from Alberta could. (Maybe Matthews will one day be traded to the Knights or the Pens. :naughty:)

As I said, I like and admire the Leafs fans. Can't say the same about the Toronto media, which includes Don Cherry. I will stop before I get another warning, however. Certain subjects are taboo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad