Hockey Central - Anthony Stewart is a beauty

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think hes terrible.

His basically Kypreos without the yelling. His opinions are basically the same.

He also will interupt a good conversation to go off in a totally different direction about a different topic, and he offers dumb hot takes and not original ideas about most topics.

Probably because he doesn’t just spew Leafs propaganda.

Knowledgeable addition to SN in my view.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
He’s been mostly ok. Don’t mind his takes and his voice is decent for radio. But for whatever reason, I can’t quite put my finger on it, but something feels sort of amateurish about that show now. Just doesn’t feel like HC at noon anymore. Feels sort of bland or vanilla to me now.

Think it needs a stronger personality in there with better stories like Burke or better inside information like Chris Johnston or something like that.

Reactions: Tripod

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Seems very un-analytical and not really up-to-date. He said Dallas had to shore up their defense because their offense can carry them. This is the team that scored 3 goals in its first few games and was a defensive power house last year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good work so far, Anthony Stewart.

Where is the Western Canadian mention? Oilers fans asking.

This thread was probably a waste.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
They spent 5 minutes before his "Stewie's fast five" talking about his brother's work to get a contract with the Flyers, then today they interview Chris Stewart.

The nepotism is strong in this guy. Just can him and have Brian Burke there all the time.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
He talks about and mentions his brother way too much. Your brother is and was a tweener, trust me, nobody gives a shit about him.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
he comes across a bit like a guy with no special knowledge or insight into anything... but he speaks well I guess

maybe in a few years he will develop a personality?

although kypereos developed a personality after a few years and that made him a lot worst... it doesnt always help

with such a cushy job up for grabs im shocked that they couldnt hire someone better and let stewart be a support fillin guy for a few years?

too bad marc Savard wanted the coaching job this year... I liked him a lot last year in his limited role but its really really really a shame that doug mclean didnt stick around... him... stellick and john Shannon... would like to see more of chris Johnson and Elliot friedman...

theres some talent at Rodgers to do a good show but stewart isnt at the top of the list

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Good work so far, Anthony Stewart.

Where is the Western Canadian mention? Oilers fans asking.

This thread was probably a waste.
You accused a guy of not liking Stewart because he “didn’t spew Leafs crap” and then complained he wasn’t talking about your team.

Yes, colossal waste.

Reactions: Luminiferous

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Stewart has the Oilers winning the Cup on Hockey Central.

Brave. Atta boy Stewy.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Probably because he doesn’t just spew Leafs propaganda.

Knowledgeable addition to SN in my view.

lmao didnt he say that Matthews could challenge McDavid for the best player in the league? Lol you only like him cause hes the only one dumb enough to think the Oilers have a chance at winning a cup

Reactions: CaptBrannigan

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
lmao didnt he say that Matthews could challenge McDavid for the best player in the league? Lol you only like him cause hes the only one dumb enough to think the Oilers have a chance at winning a cup

I think it’s more that he adds some humour and gives insights that we didn’t get from Kypreos and those other idiots that were fired this summer.

Stewart is actually a good listen. Kind of like Bizz, he adds some personality and humour that’s lacking in hockey analysis.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
My opinion hasnt changed from October.

His opinions are either pure hot take, or the most cliche of hockey cliche.

He doesnt evolve his opinion, and he ignores relevent factors and pushes whatever the overall media narrative is about said topic regardless of how wrong it is.

He offers nothing that Kypreos didnt offer, but is likely doing it a cheaper cost for Sportsnet.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I think it’s more that he adds some humour and gives insights that we didn’t from Kypreos and those other idiots that were fired this summer.

Stewart is actually a good listen. Kind of like Bizz, he adds some personality and humour that’s lacking in hockey analysis.
Yeah I agree with that, but you dont need to get all jealous and insecure about Toronto and shit on them in any thread you can

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah I agree with that, but you dont need to get all jealous and insecure about Toronto and shit on them in any thread you can

Not every thread, only sometimes :).

In all seriousness, hockey rivalry aside, Anthony Stewart is a knowledgeable and funny analyst that our boring hockey world doesn’t get often.

He does a lot to give back to underprivileged kids getting them in hockey. He has a fascinating backstory. I’m a big fan of him, even if we remove the fact that he’s one of the few Oiler supporters in the national media.

He’s a Toronto guy in the end, but at least he knows what’s happening outside the bubble.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
My opinion hasnt changed from October.

His opinions are either pure hot take, or the most cliche of hockey cliche.

He doesnt evolve his opinion, and he ignores relevent factors and pushes whatever the overall media narrative is about said topic regardless of how wrong it is.

He offers nothing that Kypreos didnt offer, but is likely doing it a cheaper cost for Sportsnet.

Stewart >> Kypreos and his hubris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->