Hockey cards

GirouxCouturier

GirouxMVP
Jul 4, 2010
British Columbia
Wasn't sure where to post this thread so move if necessary,

How do I go about finding the value of my collection of hockey cards? I own boxes but I have about 30 cards that I've framed that I know are worth money including Gretzky, Messier, Dionne, Coffey, Crosby, Ovechkin rookie cards all close to mint condition. I also have many jersey cards but no idea how to get trusted appraisals for them. Any input is appreciated

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Wasn't sure where to post this thread so move if necessary,

How do I go about finding the value of my collection of hockey cards? I own boxes but I have about 30 cards that I've framed that I know are worth money including Gretzky, Messier, Dionne, Coffey, Crosby, Ovechkin rookie cards all close to mint condition. I also have many jersey cards but no idea how to get trusted appraisals for them. Any input is appreciated

Beckett.com but use loosely. If you have what you say you have check eBay and the current bids

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I sell higher end sports cards on Ebay. You can always check what they have sold for in US dollars. This gives you a rough estimate what people are paying these days.

Dog

To get burned? It's the equivalent of a pawn shop unless you know them personally

I'm not saying to sell them, I'm saying to ask for an open market estimate on what they think they're worth. Most hobby shop dealers are understanding and willing to help out, they want to increase their customer base and retain customers.

You're saying to use beckett, even loosely that is a thing to do circa 2005 and is nowhere near actual value :laugh:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I'm not saying to sell them, I'm saying to ask for an open market estimate on what they think they're worth. Most hobby shop dealers are understanding and willing to help out, they want to increase their customer base and retain customers.

You're saying to use beckett, even loosely that is a thing to do circa 2005 and is nowhere near actual value :laugh:

Circa '83 lol:laugh:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I'd go to the nearest card shop to get an estimate.

1) I would want the cards to be handled the least possible.
2) If you trust them, cards could be switched and you can't prove it. I mean you are not clipping a corner are you?
3) Make sure they are protected and in your hands.

The value of cards is really what ever anyone gives you for them, remember this.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Got 4 of the Walmart blasters and very strange odds for me.

Very happy with two Bedard ygs. But both have dents at the top. Will try to get ud to replace them.

Also no Bebard di-cut rookies.

Attachments

• PXL_20240323_010439860.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240323_010439860.MP.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad