Hockey Cards - Part III

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Holy crap! I remember buying it back in 2016 for 60 CAD.
Check out his future watch if you think that's crazy. I bought a few for $150 back in the days and graded them. Sold a few BGS 9.5 for $400. Now they're worth thousands.

Are 90s cards actually worth something? That's a sign the market is going to crash, once people realize they've been buying garbage I just can't see how the market doesn't crash.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
This card is pretty cool. Young Patrick Kane in the stands.

upload_2021-3-18_10-20-3.png

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Check out his future watch if you think that's crazy. I bought a few for $150 back in the days and graded them. Sold a few BGS 9.5 for $400. Now they're worth thousands.

Are 90s cards actually worth something? That's a sign the market is going to crash, once people realize they've been buying garbage I just can't see how the market doesn't crash.

Yeah I’ve been out of the hobby for a couple years, just too expensive: my two McDavid young guns, I bought them for 250 a piece, got them graded at 9.5, seen their value skyrocket.

It’s crazy.

Reactions: ORHawksFan

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I am stunned to find out early 90s cards are worth anything!

I mean 50% of us had a second childhood at that time there are literally millions of new out of pack grade cards. We all saved them nicely.

Anyhow haven't looked at them in years time to go through and move them I guess.

Agreed. Not only that, there was a lot of pure crap in the early 90's. I bet 85% of the time I hear people saying they have a bunch of cards, it's early 90's and I suppress rolling my eyes.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Picked this Dual-Patch RPA up in auction for $6.99. /199

My favorite player and playing like a true 1D, could be a good resale in a few years

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I have never got any cards graded but I am leaning to using KSA. I would be worried about shipping a card across the border and it getting stolen or lost.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think the opposite. Such very rare moments in the NHL history should have a value. I think to pay a 1 000 000 for a Gretzky Rookie card is insane.

It has value. 25 cents. Because it’s a card of Sylvain Turgeon, not Patrick Kane.

I’m just surprised the seller isn’t trying to be a scheister and saying it’s a rookie card of Patrick Kane.

Reactions: Montreal Impact FC

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It has value. 25 cents. Because it’s a card of Sylvain Turgeon, not Patrick Kane.

I’m just surprised the seller isn’t trying to be a scheister and saying it’s a rookie card of Patrick Kane.

You’re very wrong on this. This card has been selling for double digits for years now with hundreds to thousand of copies moving. It even pushed the box price from $15 a box to hundreds now except most people can’t find one sealed.

Looking at sold listings on eBay you see over 50 copies sold from around$50, including shipping, to one outlier at $130-ish.
turgeon kane | eBay

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I’m selling off most of my stuff. Now is the peak time to sell. After the pandemic, I think card prices are going back down.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
You’re very wrong on this. This card has been selling for double digits for years now with hundreds to thousand of copies moving. It even pushed the box price from $15 a box to hundreds now except most people can’t find one sealed.

Looking at sold listings on eBay you see over 50 copies sold from around$50, including shipping, to one outlier at $130-ish.
turgeon kane | eBay

Apparently people are complete idiots then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad