Hockey Cards - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
I have 3 or 4 Wayne Gretzky rookie cards which of course I handled being a kid.

No idea on what they are worth, my kids will find out when I die I guess.

Condition is key, especially in grading. The slightest defect brings a card down by half of a grade usually.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
I think the key Zibanejad RCs like YG and SPA FW are all very cheap for a guy who is a 1C playing in New York. If they win the Cup, Lafreniere may double in price but Zibby RCs may go up 4x to 5x.

Zibanejad has no Hobby juice whatsoever and never will. If you are trying to invest, you would be better off throwing money out the window instead.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Zibanejad has no Hobby juice whatsoever and never will. If you are trying to invest, you would be better off throwing money out the window instead.

If you're going to invest, the best thing is to find something with little to no juice that can potentially have significant juice. I'd rather have a $1 card that goes up to $50 than a $100 card that I hope goes up to $150. There's no downside on the $1 card and at the lower price you can invest in multiples.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Its insane how much Laffys YG is going for. I shutter to think how much more his card would be going for if he landed in Montreal lol. Im not even sure ill be able to get my annual case at this point. People are scooping them up like crazy.

Reactions: Canadian Game

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
My local card shop only had 1 box of the new series 1 when I got there Didn't pull a Laf rookie sadly but got a Gallagher auto so it wasn't too bad. They told me when the boxes are back in stock the'yre gonna get marked up to 100-120 bucks. People really want that Laf young gun.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Its insane how much Laffys YG is going for. I shutter to think how much more his card would be going for if he landed in Montreal lol. Im not even sure ill be able to get my annual case at this point. People are scooping them up like crazy.

The NYR market is starting to pick up big time. The USA generally has caught the sports card bug. The investors there are hyper focused on the big players.

I've got 4 hobby boxes and 12 tins on order...Really hoping I pull at least 1 Laf. The other option is E-Pack though.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The NYR market is starting to pick up big time. The USA generally has caught the sports card bug. The investors there are hyper focused on the big players.

I've got 4 hobby boxes and 12 tins on order...Really hoping I pull at least 1 Laf. The other option is E-Pack though.
good luck man. If I pull a Laffy im unloading it right away with how high hes selling for lol. Im happy Series 1 also has a bunch of Avs.

Reactions: Mitts

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Watched a couple box breaks...it's a lot of money to spend on mostly chaff. Picking up mid grade HOF's rookie cards is more accessible lol.

dOugpAo.png

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
UDS1 is now $119.95 per box. An increase of $40 from previous years. This marks my exit from the hobby. This is ridiculous.
Retail price for the hobby box is still 80 its just the initial Laf hype, I got a box for 85 today.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
I have not seen a price lower than $119.95. One of my regular sites took their pre-orders downs and I wondered why until this morning. Who selling them for $85?
My local card store. Although they told me their restock is prob gonna cost somewhere between 100-115 because of the current prices. I think it will go down eventually though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad