Hockey Cards - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabbathBloodySabbath

Oct 8, 2017
Erþō
So I'm potentially looking into buying hockey cards again. It's been 10-15 years since I've bought hockey cards. Is it only Upper Deck that produces hockey cards now? I see the retail boxes of UD1 and UD2 cards at Walmart. Are these generally the most popular cards to buy?

Upper Deck put out most of the sets for 2019-20 (and they own the OPC and Parkhurst names), but Leaf and Panini are around. The UD base set is still the most popular one.

2019-20 hockey sets
2020-21 hockey sets (incomplete)

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Checklist is out.
Base Young Guns Rookies Set Checklist

50 cards.
Overall odds - 1:4 Hobby/ePack/Retail/Tin/Fat/Blaster; 1:50 Dollar.
PARALLEL CARDS: French (1:120 Hobby/ePack), Clear Cut (1:288 Hobby), Exclusives #/100 (Hobby/ePack), High Gloss #/10 (Hobby/ePack).
201 Alexis Lafreniere - New York Rangers
202 Reid Duke - Vegas Golden Knights
203 Alexander Alexeyev - Washington Capitals
204 Philip Broberg - Edmonton Oilers
205 Bowen Byram - Colorado Avalanche
206 Michael DiPietro - Vancouver Canucks
207 Joel Kiviranta - Dallas Stars
208 Joseph Woll - Toronto Maple Leafs
209 Josh Norris - Ottawa Senators
210 Morgan Geekie - Carolina Hurricanes
211 Vitek Vanecek - Washington Capitals
212 Lucas Carlsson - Chicago Blackhawks
213 Ty Dellandrea - Dallas Stars
214 Dylan Coghlan - Vegas Golden Knights
215 Gabe Vilardi - Los Angeles Kings
216 Pierre-Olivier Joseph - Pittsburgh Penguins
217 Martin Kaut - Colorado Avalanche
218 Tyler Benson - Edmonton Oilers
219 Egor Korshkov - Toronto Maple Leafs
220 Gustav Lindstrom - Detroit Red Wings
221 Victor Soderstrom - Arizona Coyotes
222 Olli Juolevi - Vancouver Canucks
223 Connor Ingram - Nashville Predators
224 Liam Foudy - Columbus Blue Jackets
225 Alexander True - San Jose Sharks
226 Nicolas Beaudin - Chicago Blackhawks
227 Thomas Harley - Dallas Stars
228 Jonas Johansson - Buffalo Sabres
229 Jansen Harkins - Winnipeg Jets
230 Alex Belzile - Montreal Canadiens
231 Ryan McLeod - Edmonton Oilers
232 Egor Zamula - Philadelphia Flyers
233 Mikey Anderson - Los Angeles Kings
234 Connor McMichael - Washington Capitals
235 Jason Robertson - Dallas Stars
236 Emil Larmi - Pittsburgh Penguins
237 Nick Robertson - Toronto Maple Leafs
238 Philipp Kurashev - Chicago Blackhawks
239 Peyton Krebs - Vegas Golden Knights
240 Shane Bowers - Colorado Avalanche
241 Kieffer Bellows - New York Islanders
242 Mikhail Berdin - Winnipeg Jets
243 Vitali Kravtsov - New York Rangers
244 Artem Zagidulin - Calgary Flames
245 Kirill Ustimenko - Philadelphia Flyers
246 Jake Oettinger - Dallas Stars
247 Jake Evans - Montreal Canadiens
248 Timothy Liljegren - Toronto Maple Leafs
249 Pavel Francouz - Colorado Avalanche
250 Alexis Lafreniere/Vitali Kravtsov CL

Reactions: thefutures

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Upper Deck put out most of the sets for 2019-20 (and they own the OPC and Parkhurst names), but Leaf and Panini are around. The UD base set is still the most popular one.

2019-20 hockey sets
2020-21 hockey sets (incomplete)
Leaf and Panini do not have a license. So their cards can't use nhl logos and pictures of certain players.

I believe Panini had an online set and another limited set with just Kakko and Kravstov.

Edit:
Just looked. Panini has three sets this year that you can order from their website. All are just Kakko and Kravstov cards though.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
With the NHL not playing what do people think is going to happen with young guns value?

Is there going to be a lot of lesser known guys going for cheap? Is it worth while trying to load up if these cards are on the cheaper end?

Granted I assume some are going to go for a lot regardless, I just wonder if it's a year to load up if the others are going cheap.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
With the NHL not playing what do people think is going to happen with young guns value?

Is there going to be a lot of lesser known guys going for cheap? Is it worth while trying to load up if these cards are on the cheaper end?

Granted I assume some are going to go for a lot regardless, I just wonder if it's a year to load up if the others are going cheap.
If you can pick up cheap rookies of players that will get better later, it's always a good idea. Currently, even without hockey the cost of already hyped players is high and rising.

Reactions: joestevens29

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Am I the only one who thinks Lafrenière isn't worth the hype? I don't see him being a franchise type player. It's pretty tough for a winger to have that kind of impact on the game, I'd say only Kane and Ovechkin ever reached that level and Lafreniere is clearly not that level.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Several players in S1 haven't made their NHL debut yet. UD make a special arrangement with the NHLPA or something? Lafreniere, Krebs, Broberg etc

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Am I the only one who thinks Lafrenière isn't worth the hype? I don't see him being a franchise type player. It's pretty tough for a winger to have that kind of impact on the game, I'd say only Kane and Ovechkin ever reached that level and Lafreniere is clearly not that level.

He’s going to be a star in New York. He has double hype. I was collecting back in 1991 and the hottest player for almost a whole season was Tony Amonte.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He’s going to be a star in New York. He has double hype. I was collecting back in 1991 and the hottest player for almost a whole season was Tony Amonte.
Yeah New York is a huge market. If the rangers win a cup value will go through the roof. Leaf looks very physically developed already and the rangers actually have some decent players to play with Laf. I could see him putting up great numbers on his rookie season.

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah New York is a huge market. If the rangers win a cup value will go through the roof. Leaf looks very physically developed already and the rangers actually have some decent players to play with Laf. I could see him putting up great numbers on his rookie season.

I think the key Zibanejad RCs like YG and SPA FW are all very cheap for a guy who is a 1C playing in New York. If they win the Cup, Lafreniere may double in price but Zibby RCs may go up 4x to 5x.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I was not expecting to see Lafreniere. Makes sense as UD had to make a call and generate interest in S1.

In 2012/13, UD produced S1 without all the new rookies (the best rookie ended up being Stone), and that product really tanked. You could pick up hobby boxes for $40 a few months after release.

With the way the hobby is exploding, it would be such a dagger to the heart to not be able to include Laf in Series 1. I'm really glad that UD found a way to work things out.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Anyone know the odds of pulling the fine silver inserts in the cup? And value? Very cool that its made w 2oz of silver. I have an EP so curious it's worth

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Mother of god lol, that's a sold listing for the French variant.

VfxssPa.png

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I remember my brother had a Mario Lemieux jersey card at one point.

I wonder what the value would be on that now, in good condition.

I have 3 or 4 Wayne Gretzky rookie cards which of course I handled being a kid.

No idea on what they are worth, my kids will find out when I die I guess.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I have 3 or 4 Wayne Gretzky rookie cards which of course I handled being a kid.

No idea on what they are worth, my kids will find out when I die I guess.

If you post pics, I can probably give you a rough idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad