Hockey Cards - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It’s popped up at $75 before this price boom. I’ll find one for cheaper eventually.

This should be like $7.50, not $75. At that price it's higher than a Stamkos or Tavares BD quad diamond RC. Maybe someone out there is hoarding this card for memes/laughs/a collection?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I’d send it to psa man, it looks good. Hope it’s a Real one. The Market is flooded with fakes from Time to Time
I got it like 25 years ago. Was there fakes back then? After your comment I googled the matter and dont see any red dots in his name or the dot under the year on the back. Remember this was a hoarders house. This thing was burried under 3 ft of garbage in a room you couldnt even get to without more garbage being removed

Reactions: doumtang

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This should be like $7.50, not $75. At that price it's higher than a Stamkos or Tavares BD quad diamond RC. Maybe someone out there is hoarding this card for memes/laughs/a collection?
I’m guessing his family members bought them all as a momento of his career.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Anyone else hyped for Series 2? Also, did anyone break any Cup? Can you post your hits so I can live vicariously through you ahaha

Really excited for series 2. Nice crop of rookies, Stützle should be worth a ton over here in Germany.
Didn't get a box of The Cup, participated in one pick your team case break, though (chose Nashville, would have loved the Avs but too expensive).
Got those two, nothing too fancy, Fabbro still a nice pull.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218_221451_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218_221451_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210218_222545_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218_222545_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Really excited for series 2. Nice crop of rookies, Stützle should be worth a ton over here in Germany.
Didn't get a box of The Cup, participated in one pick your team break, though (chose Nashville, would have loved the Avs but too expensive).
Got those two, nothing too fancy, Fabbro still a nice pull.
The Cup is always gorgeous every year. That first Fabbro is nice.

Reactions: Kschey

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Speaking of which I own the stamkos bd quad ruby #1/100 pretty cool serial. Used to own the gold 2/10 but sold it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Did anyone see the solicitation for this stuff yet? 2020-21 Upper Deck Extended Series Hockey Checklist, Young Guns, Box

it reminds me of the old Rookie Update product from 2002-03.

This product is going to be killer, especially these if they are Young Guns tributes: 2005-06 Upper Deck Tribute (1:24)

What is this even? Zegras is playing tonight. Hes going to be in SPA aint he...

The rookie cutoff date for 2020-21 products was February 12. All rookies that debut after the 12th (i.e., Zegras) will be in 2021-22 products.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I did buy/trade for them already slabbed by PSA. I think it's the safest way to ensure that you have a nice grade. Second option, I would not mind buying a card graded by another company. But every KSA's grade will tend downward when sent to PSA. Anyway, Gretz rookies are always a good investment in my opinion !

View attachment 399202
Good lord that Gretzky farm!!!

That Roy is nice, better then a 7.5. really, what are the subs?

Oh, and to the person who asked if they should buy a Gretzky raw? Um no

Especially after a million dollar sale. It's too late for raw Gretzky's. Gotta buy them graded Authentic

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Anyone else hyped for Series 2? Also, did anyone break any Cup? Can you post your hits so I can live vicariously through you ahaha
I should have four cases of Cup on Friday. I already snagged a Dach in a trade (don't ask what I have up)

Series 2? Idk. I think the YG checklist is weak and presale prices are ridiculous right now.

60+ shipping for Suter? I'm a Hawks fan but come on, bruh.

I picked up every Lankinen I found under ten bucks. Lankinen rookies will trend to around 100 by the beginning of next year if he keeps playing lights out. Then I will dump them all for 50 each and they won't last five minutes at that price.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Good lord that Gretzky farm!!!

That Roy is nice, better then a 7.5. really, what are the subs?

Oh, and to the person who asked if they should buy a Gretzky raw? Um no

Especially after a million dollar sale. It's too late for raw Gretzky's. Gotta buy them graded Authentic
That was me. Thoughts on buying something graded by a different company and sending to PSA?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
At the current price you're basically taking a loss unless you hit a rpa /99

Got a box release day for 1200 and they're already up to 1400 in most places.

Attachments

• 20210217_211157.jpg
    20210217_211157.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 16

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Guess he's an update, $1200 box and didn't even get a rpa from this year. Thanks UD.
I bought 2 at a good preorder price. Was planning to open 1 and sell the other to over some of the cost. But watching breaks I don't even think it's worth it.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm not chasing Cup or any new stuff. I've been following the prices and demand on 89-90, 90-91 and 91-92 PSAs. Not only are an insane amount of cards from that time are going up, particularly hockey and non-sport like Marvel cards, but it's not just PSA 10s that are selling. PSA 9s and 8s are selling for good money, so are raw copies, and it's not just the top key players like Jagr, Hasek, Forsberg and Lidstrom. Other good players' RCs, assuming they have cards in sets such as UD, OPC Premier and Parkhurst, such as Roenick, Belfour, Brind'amour, Modano, anyone good from that time are selling for triple digits for PSA 10, over 30 bucks for PSA 9 and even PSA 8s sell for cost of PSA submission. The Score guys (Brodeur and Lindros) are selling too, but the prices of those cards along with Pro Set RCs are all lower by half across the board.

So therefore, it's also a matter of time before the junk wax sealed boxes from that time will go up by several multiples, as people from my generation of collecting want to open boxes to hit pack-fresh PSAs. Card lots of 2 to 20 copies of the same card are moving as people hunt down copies to get graded. This is following the Pokemon trend and I think other cards like basketball's old Hoops and Skybox may be following.

As of last week, the huge news is the 1990 Marvel S1 from Impel, the set with the first hologram cards, now has boxes selling for $3000 a box (no I did not mistype), and has settled for around $2500+. Copies of single cards of Stan Lee and any major movie hero like Spider Man and Iron Man are going for hundreds in PSA 10, up to $800 depending on the character. People are buying up the boxes and cracking them to hunt for PSA 10s. (Last month, Marvel boxes shot up to like $500...three months ago, they were like $100 to $150.)

Next up will be hockey. OPC Premier boxes are already there as people are trying to get copies of the UD 1 Ken Griffey Jr. of hockey, the 90-91 OPCP Jaromir Jagr. Raw copies NM sell routinely for around $40, PSA 8s, for more than that, PSA 9 around $150, PSA 10 for $700 to $750ish.
But what's getting me excited is the routine triple digits PSA 10 UD cards are getting like the base Rod Brind'Amour from 90-91 UD...a base copy sold for around $3 ($1 plus $2 in shipping...this card never booked for more than $2 even back in 1991) and a PSA 10 sold for almost $100.
A Dominik Hasek 91-92 Parkhurst English PSA 10 went for $300+ while a French PSA 10 went for just about $400. You get the idea.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Guess he's an update, $1200 box and didn't even get a rpa from this year. Thanks UD.

To be fair you did hit that Emerald Texier button rookie /3. That's a pretty solid hit. At the current sales price that's not so hot, but wasn't the initial MSRP price $600 CAD?

Also, the Terry isn't an update. It's an actual RPA from 2018/19 that they are just putting in this set.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Question for anyone with experience sending cards to PSA.

On their site they say they don't recommend using the top loader style card protectors, but rather plastic pouches like Card Savers?
https://www.psacard.com/submissions/shipguide

Just wondering, are the Card Savers they reference just the soft plastic sleeves? It seems less safe to use those and not the more rigid card holders...

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Question for anyone with experience sending cards to PSA.

On their site they say they don't recommend using the top loader style card protectors, but rather plastic pouches like Card Savers?
https://www.psacard.com/submissions/shipguide

Just wondering, are the Card Savers they reference just the soft plastic sleeves? It seems less safe to use those and not the more rigid card holders...

They are "semi-rigid" card holders. You put the cards into soft sleeves and then into the card holders. If you package properly, they are completely safe. I would recommend doing whatever PSA recommends. You don't want to aggravate graders before they grade your cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad