Hockey cards in Helsinki?

KL*

Hey guys, I am going to be in Helsinki for a few more days and I am trying to find some hockey cards. Not much luck so far. Where do you guys get them?

Talentless Practise*

What sort of cards are you looking for, NHL? SM-Liiga? Collecting hockey cards isn't that big in Finland so they can be hard to find but i'd try "R-kioski". They are aplenty and all look the same:

r-kioski-ulkopuoli.jpg

KL*

What sort of cards are you looking for, NHL? SM-Liiga? Collecting hockey cards isn't that big in Finland so they can be hard to find but i'd try "R-kioski". They are aplenty and all look the same:

r-kioski-ulkopuoli.jpg

I've been to a lot of those, and all they have are OPC hockey and non-sports crap. I am looking for SM-Liiga.

Talentless Practise*

Found it for you :)

There is apparently only one official SM-liiga card series and according to the manufacturer (Cardset Finland) can be bought from "Lehtipiste"
Lehtipisteen-logo.gif

You can find the locations and addresses to where these are sold from here: http://www.lehtipiste.fi/cgi-bin/lehti.pl?aih=55&id='949016'

On the page there are two "fields" to write stuff in, use the upper of the two and type "Helsinki" and it'll list al the locations where those cards can be bought.

Keskuskatu 1 is right in the center of Helsinki and should be easy to find.

KL*

Found it for you :)

There is apparently only one official SM-liiga card series and according to the manufacturer (Cardset Finland) can be bought from "Lehtipiste"
Lehtipisteen-logo.gif

You can find the locations and addresses to where these are sold from here: http://www.lehtipiste.fi/cgi-bin/lehti.pl?aih=55&id='949016'

On the page there are two "fields" to write stuff in, use the upper of the two and type "Helsinki" and it'll list al the locations where those cards can be bought.

Keskuskatu 1 is right in the center of Helsinki and should be easy to find.

Thank you!

I'm picking up the language pretty quickly, but given that my exposure to Finnish has been about four days of immersion, and given that it is such a difficult language in the first place (Finnish has very few borrowed words from other languages I am familiar with), while I am sure it's pretty easy to find this stuff if you read Finnish, I don't have that luxury.

I saw some SM-Liiga cards at the Viking Line terminal and bought them all (almost two boxes), but two boxes is not enough. Especially since I got no autos, game used or parallels. Need more!

I'm headed there now, and then I am going to see about tickets for tonight's HIFK-Jokerit game. The wife is super-excited for that.

Thanks for the help!

Sean Avery*

Thank you!

I'm picking up the language pretty quickly, but given that my exposure to Finnish has been about four days of immersion, and given that it is such a difficult language in the first place (Finnish has very few borrowed words from other languages I am familiar with), while I am sure it's pretty easy to find this stuff if you read Finnish, I don't have that luxury.

I saw some SM-Liiga cards at the Viking Line terminal and bought them all (almost two boxes), but two boxes is not enough. Especially since I got no autos, game used or parallels. Need more!

I'm headed there now, and then I am going to see about tickets for tonight's HIFK-Jokerit game. The wife is super-excited for that.

Thanks for the help!

Well after 03:00 there are only a few words you need to know (it will be all you hear): Vittu, Saatana, Perkele, Helveti... and if you're really smooth meille vai teille!

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
There used to be a Hockey Cards shop right next to the Finnair stadium on Mannerheimintie, not sure if it's still there?

rhpetty

Jan 11, 2014
2012-13 SM-Liiga boxes

Does anyone know of any websites that sell boxes of 2012-13 SM-Liiga cardset? I'm collecting Teuvo Teravainen and saw he has an autographed card in the series 1 set?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad