OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also a psycho move to do the Rookie Materials set- but you crushed that quick lmao

Like 45 or so trades at least within 24 hours :laugh:

Surprisingly got through the majority of it with smaller ygs or scraps I had lying around (other than the 3 guys who were 1:2864 or something like Kaprizov, Cozens, Sorokin) cause of the other achievements everyone wanted.

And yet somehow someone finished before me lol

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Like 45 or so trades at least within 24 hours :laugh:

Surprisingly got through the majority of it with smaller ygs or scraps I had lying around (other than the 3 guys who were 1:2864 or something like Kaprizov, Cozens, Sorokin) cause of the other achievements everyone wanted.

And yet somehow someone finished before me lol
Oh ya usually the whales that buy multiple cases scoop up these achievements quick AF. It's super impressive that you did it so quickly when you opened minimal product haha

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So someone wants the Laf/Shesterkin patch and a Kaprizov yg for a Laf auto /99 (the red synergy one)

Fair deal?

I know someone traded the Laf patch for a Laf yg, Kaprizov yg, and some other ygs I forgot who though, but they got around $300 value for it

Yikes nvm just realized one of the corners on his laf auto is like destroyed lol

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, got what I was after when I went for that Laf/Shesterkin achievement.

Traded it for this McDavid straight up. I know Allure isn't the most sought after brand, it's a sticker auto, and is one of McDavid's lower end autos, but a McDavid auto is a McDavid auto lol. He had a hard signed McDavid auto I wanted but he didn't wanna move it sadly. Either way I feel I did pretty good. Another guy I know who completed the achievement traded it for a Laf + Kaprizov yg

mcdavid.JPG

Reactions: LT and Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I caved and bought my first pack after playing around with the free cards.
Got a pretty cool retired stars Joe Nieuwendyk
View attachment 433022

Nice! Funnily enough I actually pulled a Nieuwendyk today too in an individual pack. I didn't even know you could pull older day with the cup cards but I thought it was pretty cool as well. Yet another card I've never pulled in a box but pulled in an individual pack...

Capture.JPG

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
How do you guys know whats fair value in a trade or what a card is actually worth? just check ebay sold prices?

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Ebay sold, 130point, and COMC. I use all 3 every time pretty much or at least COMC and Ebay
Do you also take into account the shipping price? I'm looking at that Nieuwendyk I got and seen it sold for 15.99 but then also for 2.99 but the 2.99 has shipping of like 15 bucks

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Do you also take into account the shipping price? I'm looking at that Nieuwendyk I got and seen it sold for 15.99 but then also for 2.99 but the 2.99 has shipping of like 15 bucks
Are you based in Canada? Shipping rates will be different based on where you live.

I never factor in shipping when I look at eBay sold listings because I have an account through Shipmycards.com for buying cards from Americans.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Are you based in Canada? Shipping rates will be different based on where you live.

I never factor in shipping when I look at eBay sold listings because I have an account through Shipmycards.com for buying cards from Americans.
Yeah I'm in canada. Just saw the wild fluctuations in prices and figured the shipping costs might have been where they balance out to around the same price.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Nah I never look at the shipping price really

Maybe sometimes when a card sells for like 99 cents and has 8 dollar shipping on it

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah I'm in canada. Just saw the wild fluctuations in prices and figured the shipping costs might have been where they balance out to around the same price.

Ya- you're seeing sellers from USA use eBays Global Shipping Program which is ass for Canadian buyers. Usually like $15 for shipping and duties/taxes too

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Got an offer containing a Dellandrea high gloss yg today. Not the biggest Dellandrea fan but was tough to turn it down so it's still pretty cool, never owned one before

Reactions: Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Got both of these today actually in trades:

The numbering on the Dellandrea looks a little messed up but I got a pretty good deal on it so can't complain. Hopefully thats just the picture but I don't think it is it looks weird.

hintz.JPG
Capture.JPG

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Think the best epack decision I've ever made was trading that JRob synergy auto /5 :laugh:

One just sold for $126. Every card I got from that guy in the trade was worth that much or more

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Think the best epack decision I've ever made was trading that JRob synergy auto /5 :laugh:

One just sold for $126. Every card I got from that guy in the trade was worth that much or more
The guy you moved it to would've been a big bidder on that ebay listing too.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The guy you moved it to would've been a big bidder on that ebay listing too.

Yeah I found his Twitter accidentally cause I saw him post the card I traded him along with a bunch of other ones haha. Safe to say he's a big time JRob collector. Not many cards of him that he doesn't have outside of like a high gloss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad