OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah I found his Twitter accidentally cause I saw him post the card I traded him along with a bunch of other ones haha. Safe to say he's a big time JRob collector. Not many cards of him that he doesn't have outside of like a high gloss
Ya he's a massive Stars collector- real sick Benn/Heiskanen collections too

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Downsizing my collection is going well - just traded 334 spare items for a Lafreniere yg

Best item I gave up was that Nieuwendyk day with the cup I pulled and a box filler

Best yg I gave up was a Vilardi

Everything else was either a base, synergy base, canvas, or a low end yg worth under $1

#1 reason epack caught my interest was because of trades like these. I never would've put aside the time to trade this stuff or sell it lol. I didn't even have to do the clicking but dw I examined the trade super closely to make sure he didn't sneak anything in (I countered and removed some stuff too). Nothing significant was given from my end at all.

Honestly never really thought someone would even have interest in a deal like this (even though the entire package is likely worth more than a Laf value wise, it would be a pain in the ass to sell all of that). I'm also high on Laf so works out well for me

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Can anyone tell me the value of these cards? I'm having trouble finding their cost and what to trade them for. I'm guessing not much since I can't find any on ebay sold.
upload_2021-5-25_17-8-27.png
upload_2021-5-25_17-8-38.png
upload_2021-5-25_17-8-45.png

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Thanks, i was just copying in the full descriptions into comc and 130point and not finding results, but actually found some values when looking for just the player names and finding those cards. Cheeers!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Saw Zereegaming open the Star rookies box set and JRob wasn't included as one of the best rookies or whatever it means :sarcasm:interesting

Dellandrea and Harley were included which is also interesting however

Also noticed on Dave and Adam's that they don't have JRob listed as one of the top like 20 rookies you can pull

He really really flew under the radar this year I suppose. Nick Robertson hasn't though :popcorn: I love finding stuff like this

Reactions: Johno

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Saw Zereegaming open the Star rookies box set and JRob wasn't included as one of the best rookies or whatever it means :sarcasm:interesting

Dellandrea and Harley were included which is also interesting however

Also noticed on Dave and Adam's that they don't have JRob listed as one of the top like 20 rookies you can pull

He really really flew under the radar this year I suppose. Nick Robertson hasn't though :popcorn: I love finding stuff like this

Yeah, had a good chuckle about that :laugh:

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Do people mostly only trade young guns if they are getting a young gun in return? My offers of quantity instead of quality hasnt really panned out haha

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Do people mostly only trade young guns if they are getting a young gun in return? My offers of quantity instead of quality hasnt really panned out haha

Ygs are basically the most liquid cards on epack. I don't try to get anything else except Ultimate rc autos and ygs

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Ygs are basically the most liquid cards on epack. I don't try to get anything else except Ultimate rc autos and ygs
Thanks, yeah guess probably have to overpay if I'm offering a bunch of $0.25 cards to get a young gun.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Picked up the Dellandrea red parkhurst auto #'d 10/10 today for $30. Figured why not continue my accidental collection of him at that price and when it's his jersey number especially

He's as cheap as it gets to collect. Hopefully he can become the Stars captain some day :laugh:

There's so many cards out there though it feels impossible to get them all, and like a waste of time and money so don't know how determined I am to do this outside of the cheap ones lol. Not spending $300 for his synergy 1/1 auto, even if that is fair. Think his normal rookie cards/variants and some autos is enough for me

Currently my collection for Dellandrea sits at 33 cards. Just picked up his synergy auto /5 in a trade

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Capture.JPG

Trade I just got today. Dude had 15 Lafreniere ygs, guess he was willing to take a loss on one?

I've literally spent the last 2 days openly offering to overpay a bit for one and yet this is the only offer I have gotten :sarcasm:

Reactions: WhoahNow and Johno

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3 new additions to the collection. In total they cost me $60 combined I think. Really excited for SPx to come to ePack, whenever that may be. Absolutely love some of their cards although most of the boxes I've seen opened are garbage lol. The black cards with silver autos though are beautiful. Once JRob's prices go back down, or at least a bit lower, I'll start buying more of his cards.

SP Game used however - bleh. After I pickup a JRob draft day marks eventually I'm done with that product. Don't anticipate buying a box unless it's the next release on epack (which seems likely I feel)

Screenshot_20210606-005255_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-005424_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-005438_eBay.jpg

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bought a Lafreniere french yg today graded 9 for $250

Been stocking up on his stuff lately

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone open any Chronology on epack today?

Don't think I'm gonna buy any. Watched some breaks online and like 95-99% of them didn't crack $20-30 worth of cards in total. Didn't see one good pull

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Anyone open any Chronology on epack today?

Don't think I'm gonna buy any. Watched some breaks online and like 95-99% of them didn't crack $20-30 worth of cards in total. Didn't see one good pull

I hope nobody did- garbage product

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hope nobody did- garbage product

I truly don't know what the next product I'll buy is. I wanted SPx but based on what I've seen those breaks are going about just as bad as Chronology ones are, and SP game used is always pretty bad.

Glad I've started just buying the cards I want. Wish I would've started with this although I'll admit it isn't as fun as opening boxes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well....gave in and bought a box...ended up pulling an Ovechkin 1/1 time capsule...no clue what could be inside and no clue what to do with it lol

It's a mini card right so what high end mini card could it be lol

Already got one trade offer worth a crazy amount but there's nothing I want too badly right now so

Edit:

Been told it could be a redemption for a 1/1 painting, a rookie printing plate auto, a 1/1 rookie auto, or a high end 1/1 auto but then others have told me it could be anything like a $15 /30 auto or some dumb like that and that I should just sell or trade it

I'm gonna end up selling/trading it most likely but man it's intriguing. Not much I could realistically pull though that would be better than just straight up trading/selling it

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Apparently I'm extremely lucky with packs now...

Have opened 2 packs total of chronology.

First one I hit a 1/1 Ovechkin time capsule (numbered on the back).

Second one I just opened now I hit a McDavid "A" letterman auto /10...wtf is going on. My 2 biggest hits ever back to back, and on a product where 99% of the breaks I've watched have been nothing but garbage.

Unfortunately both card are in pretty rough shape it looks like, or at least parts of them are. Idc though I'm just happy to hit them. Also hit the McDavid blue base /122 in the same pack as the auto

Capture.JPG
ovi.JPG

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
3rd pack opened.....nah jk lol traded a damn fortune for this today. Moved my ultimate McDavid Patch auto /25++ for it, definitely a losing deal for me value wise, however this is for my PC so I don't mind. Overpaid by 200-300 probably for it lol but my recent pack luck makes me okay with it

mcdavid.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad