Hockey Canada rule changes

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Hockey Canada has adopted the recent "NHL" rules on obstruction/ intereference for 2006-07. Blue line and goal lines will be moved to NHL standards for '06-07 as well. Goalie equipment standards will also be changed but for 2007-08.
At least they left out that goalie puck handling trapazoid thing.......does that mean the NHL well abandon it too....please. No red line has been in Hockey Canada rules for, I'd say over 15 years?
www.hockeycanada.ca
Sorry if is this is in the wrong section. But this mostly affects our youth players. Who will be our prospects. Please move if placed incorrectly.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Alpine said:
Hockey Canada has adopted the recent "NHL" rules on obstruction/ intereference for 2006-07. Blue line and goal lines will be moved to NHL standards for '06-07 as well. Goalie equipment standards will also be changed but for 2007-08.
At least they left out that goalie puck handling trapazoid thing.......does that mean the NHL well abandon it too....please. No red line has been in Hockey Canada rules for, I'd say over 15 years?
www.hockeycanada.ca
Sorry if is this is in the wrong section. But this mostly affects our youth players. Who will be our prospects. Please move if placed incorrectly.

Disaster waiting to happen. Our referee organization adopted that standard last year (when the NCAA did) and it had a horrible result with coaches, parents, players. These are not professionals, these are kids. It won't last and most refs will not call it that tight.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
FLYLine88 said:
Disaster waiting to happen. Our referee organization adopted that standard last year (when the NCAA did) and it had a horrible result with coaches, parents, players. These are not professionals, these are kids. It won't last and most refs will not call it that tight.

It change for everybody in Canada ??? because i'm from Quebec and I play Midget .. its will be good to see the new rule !!! :clap: Bigger Offencive Zone ! :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad