Hockey Abstract 2018 update

Najtrebor

Apr 19, 2018
Calgary
rjweise.github.io
I just had the pleasure of partnering with Rob Vollman to work on the 2018 update of the Hockey abstract. And it is now for sale! Since this HFBoards section is called By The Numbers I figured some of you might be interested.
Hockey Abstract 2018 Update - Hockey Abstract
HACover_Final_Blue_acknowledgment.png

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'll buy it either way, but I assume this is just an update (and not a full new edition like 2017, 2014 and 2013), similar to 2015 and 2016 that will not be released in hard copy.

Are you going to be involved with the new book, and if so do you know how much it expands on Statshot?

Najtrebor

Apr 19, 2018
Calgary
rjweise.github.io
You are correct, this is an update like 2015 and 2016, available in digital format only. The difference with the previous updates (and all versions) is that this 2018 update is in full color and has many more charts and visuals. This 2018 update is done and for sale right now, and yes I partnered with Rob Vollman on this version to do all charts, visuals and layout.

At this point we have not had any discussions about future publications of Hockey abstract books. I have not been involved in the Stat Shot books, but from a reader's standpoint I would say Stat Shot is a more generic book about hockey analytics to better understand them, where Hockey Abstract looks at the actual team and player data (mostly from the last three seasons) and writes with a focus on the new 2018-2019 NHL season.

I hope this helps.
RJ

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You are correct, this is an update like 2015 and 2016, available in digital format only. The difference with the previous updates (and all versions) is that this 2018 update is in full color and has many more charts and visuals. This 2018 update is done and for sale right now, and yes I partnered with Rob Vollman on this version to do all charts, visuals and layout.

At this point we have not had any discussions about future publications of Hockey abstract books. I have not been involved in the Stat Shot books, but from a reader's standpoint I would say Stat Shot is a more generic book about hockey analytics to better understand them, where Hockey Abstract looks at the actual team and player data (mostly from the last three seasons) and writes with a focus on the new 2018-2019 NHL season.

I hope this helps.
RJ
Oh, I read Statshot. I was just wondering if you knew about the new book coming out.

Just bought the update to complete my collection (I have the hard copy releases in the physical form but have the updates with PDFs). Will start digging into it in the next day or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad