Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects, 21-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
I don't see why not, A top prospect is defined by potential from what I recall. Perry has some of the best potential in the prospect group right now.
Every prospect on the list has really high potential... Perry's potential isn't that much better then a "good" prospect... he's got great skills and hockey sense, but being pushed around at the OHL level and being an average skater is a big problem.

He may be a top 70 prospect, but he's definately not top 50.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Perry is a very "meh" prospect.

He's big and is a poor skater... he's also very thin.

And Ryan Getzlaf was very average during the WJC... I wouldn't say he's a top 10 prospect, 22 seems to be very fair... especially considering he was just drafted last June.

One of the most inept posts I've seen in the last while.

Perry is 'meh'? Right, he's only having a mind-boggling season for the best OHL team, and is having yet another dominant playoffs. This kid is a big-time player, and his stock is shooting WAY up. To ignore what he's doing this year it's pure ignorance.

As for Getzlaf, I agree as well with Ducks fans. Both of their prospects have taken big steps forward this year, yet you wouldn't know that looking at this list. Getzlaf's numbers this year are just crazy, and he's taking the puck to the net with authority every game, and has become a consistant player - a leader - on the Hitmen. Last year the big knock on Getzlaf was that people thought he couldn't do it without Sjostrom. Now he is, and has gotten better.

Perhaps you should watch these kids before passing judgement on them. Particularly your Perry comment, he's up to 200 pounds right now I believe.

Last edited:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Frenzy1 said:
They have two that one could make very convincing arguements for:

Alexi Shkotov who plays in Quebec and tends to get overlooked due to Josh Hennessy being a fantastic player.

The other is Konstantin Zakharov who plays w/ Moncton. He had a little slump in Feb, but he has come out of it and by all acounts playing well.

Just because Blues fans dont talk about our prospects, doesn't mean don't have any.

Unfortuantly, I don't see any Blues prospects except maybe Shawn Belle who deserve to be on the top 50 list. And the prospects these days are much deeper than they have been in the past. A few years ago, Belle would have cracked a top 50. Not this year. I don't think any Blues belong in the top 50 personally. That's not to say they don't have any good prospects. Maybe just that they don't have any who are doing great right now.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
slats432 said:
Miz, 200 points? :joker:
I was just about to say the same! :amazed:

Perry finished the year with 113 points (40G, 73A) in 66 games. In playoffs to date, he has 10 assists, no goals. Nice numbers, no question, but as far as potential, if 16 and 17 year olds can push him easily off the puck, what is he going to be able to do against the pros? Maybe he'll surprise a lot of people, but I wouldn't put money on it.

leafaholix*

Mizral said:
One of the most inept posts I've seen in the last while.

Perry is 'meh'? Right, he's only having a mind-boggling season for the best OHL team, and is having yet another dominant playoffs. This kid is a big-time player, and his stock is shooting WAY up. To ignore what he's doing this year it's pure ignorance.

Perhaps you should watch these kids before passing judgement on them. Particularly your Perry comment, he's up to 200 pounds right now I believe.
I've seen him play only 5 or 6 times this season, but it's very clear that his skating is average and he's not strong on his skates.

That's my point... there are atleast 50 prospects I'd take before Perry, his skating and lack of strength for such a big guy is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad