Hobey Baker Award- Early favorite is....

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
You don't think it shows a measure of how 'clutch' a guy is? I think GWG in the playoffs is particularly interesting... I don't see how it's useless?

No, no it doesn't. Say a team scores 8 goals in a row, then the opposing team comes back with 5: is the dude who scored the 6th goal in what started as a blowout a "clutch" player? Guys with a lot of GWGs are primarily guys who score a lot of goals in general combined with some random chance.

Even if there was a way of determining which GWGs were "clutch" and which weren't, isn't a GTG equally as clutch? What about a guy who scores two goals in a row to bring his team within one of the leading team?

May 31, 2006

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
i vote schwartz... but arnold is doing great and he had a good season last year he got off to a slow start with 10 games and 0 points butfinsihed strong... arnold was a good pik for the flames.. he was projected in th 30 but he was drafted 108 overall... cant put him down for a strong start

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Is Cannata really that good?

Canucks could have the most impressive goalie depth in the league.

he's absolutely tearing up the NCAA right now. Sure its 4 games in but he's posting stats better than any of Cory Schneider's when he played for Boston College

4 games played he has a GAA of 1.25 and a SV% of .947 oh and all 4 games were wins

Canucks got a gem looking at reports and stats. He seems to have NHL starting goalie potential

cleverusername

May 11, 2011
NH and Boston
Is Cannata really that good?

Canucks could have the most impressive goalie depth in the league.

Coming from a fellow Hockey East school... Cannata really is that good. He really is the secret to Merrimack's success. Kid is so good at reading plays and being in perfect position.

Nieto still has a goal in every game so far this season for BU.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
he's absolutely tearing up the NCAA right now. Sure its 4 games in but he's posting stats better than any of Cory Schneider's when he played for Boston College

4 games played he has a GAA of 1.25 and a SV% of .947 oh and all 4 games were wins

Canucks got a gem looking at reports and stats. He seems to have NHL starting goalie potential

And Kent Patterson has 4SO through 7 games, I still don't expect him to ever make the NHL.

Though maybe being 2 years younger means a lot.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Right now the list starts and ends with Kent Patterson,another SO tonight VS NoDak gives him 5 on the year after 9 games.:yo:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Anders Lee is a *****.

First he plays for Saint Thomas the most hated program in class A here in Minnesota. They are a bunch of military school **** who get recruited from all over the state. Thats bull**** in high school hockey where public schools can't recruit.

wait theres more

In his senior year he decides to switch schools to try and win the class AA state championship too so he switches to the biggest cake eater school in the state Edina. yea Edina bunch of cake eater rich boys.

Screw Anders Lee he sucks

Zucker all the way! But he is only going to win because Justin Faulk already left college

Reading you talk makes me feel like I'm watching the Mighty Ducks.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kreider will win the Hobey this year, and people on here will still call him overrated and that he hasnt done enough to get those high rankings he gets every year.

I think Chris Kreider is HF's Tim Tebow.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad