HN's Super Draft

Which game would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Okay so we can do at a minimum 5 more picks tonight, thats if every pick was skipped, and another 28 tomorrow if every picks was skipped. We will for sure finish this tomorrow.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I Ctrl+F on the draft board everytime to check my pick, but Ctrl+F doesn't tell you the players that aren't there :laugh:
I forgot about Myers!
Dude if only you could see my running draft board, there's names everywhere in all sorts of colours and multiple pages, I just try and keep it updated so I don't miss a steal. I find when I just go as BPA as possible i.e. Philadelphia (with some positional exceptions i.e. goalie or 1C) I do so much better than drafting for something i.e. Toronto (2 way guys only)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Dude if only you could see my running draft board, there's names everywhere in all sorts of colours and multiple pages, I just try and keep it updated so I don't miss a steal. I find when I just go as BPA as possible i.e. Philadelphia (with some positional exceptions i.e. goalie or 1C) I do so much better than drafting for something i.e. Toronto (2 way guys only)
Haha I haven't been able to put nearly as much time or thought into it.

I've been going off my head, or if I'm at a loss, just looking down last season's stats leaders :laugh:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Haha I haven't been able to put nearly as much time or thought into it.

I've been going off my head, or if I'm at a loss, just looking down last season's stats leaders :laugh:
I've just got all the players down who played last year and highlight them as they're gone but then I make mini lists and they're just all over

Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I've just got all the players down who played last year and highlight them as they're gone but then I make mini lists and they're just all over
Sounds like how I do my entry draft mocks!

Keep my master list, but every year inevitably end up getting a tonne of minilists for favourite players, position, player type, overagers, low-tier leagues, etc.!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
6 hour window starts at the end of the draft!

If anyone wants to trade with either of my teams that has to get done now, I work tonight

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs
Filip Forsberg - Sean Couturier - Teuvo Teravainen
Max Pacioretty - Jonathan Toews - Kailer Yamamoto

Conor Garland - Anthony Cirelli - Robert Thomas
Jeff Skinner - Dylan Strome - Kevin Labanc
Jesper Bratt/xxx

Victor Hedman - Colton Parayko
Cam Fowler - Jeff Petry
Ben Chiarot - Tyson Barrie
Alexander Romanov

Igor Shesterkin
Sergei Bobrovsky

Looking to upgrade on Yamamoto at 2RW, willing to move Cirelli and downgrade at 3C to do so. Will listen to anything though.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:canes

Jake Guentzel - Sebastian Aho - Elias Lindholm
Nikita Gusev - Nicklas Backstrom - T.J. Oshie
Brock Nelson - Brayden Schenn - Josh Bailey
Tim Stutzle - Joe Pavelski - Bryan Rust
X - Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Ilya Kovalchuk

Roman Josi - Ryan Ellis
Esa Lindell - John Marino
Devon Toews - Alec Martinez
XXX

Jacob Markstrom
MacKenzie Blackwood

Would still like to move Rust/Pavelski for a natural LW if possible before the deadline. Martinez could be moved in a deal as well

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:flyers
J.T Miller - Elias Pettersson - David Pastrnak
Brady Tkachuk - Tomas Hertl - Jakub Vrana
Andre Burakovsky - David Krejci - Denis Gurianov
Andrew Mangiapane - Vincent Trocheck - Mikael Granlund

Joel Eriksson Ek/xxx

Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
Jake Muzzin - Ethan Bear
TJ Brodie -
Justin Faulk
Tyler Myers

Connor Hellebuyck

Frederik Andersen
Could listen on a deal involving an upgrade on D but pretty happy here, likely going to stand pat

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Anders Lee - Connor McDavid - Anthony Mantha
Taylor Hall - John Tavares - William Nylander
Zach Parise - Kevin Hayes - Jakub Silfverberg
Nick Foligno - JG Pageau - Joel Armia

Ryan Suter - Shea Weber
Josh Morrissey - Jacob Trouba
Ryan Murray - David Savard

Robin Lehner
Matt Murray

Scratch: Carl Soderburg, Zach Kassian, Scott Mayfeild

L1. Wanted to go with the classic playmaker, sniper, power forward line up. I feel Lee could easily get back to 40 goals cleaning up the garbage and Mantha could pot the same amount.

L2. Same thing as the top line but lesser. Nylander and Hall feeding the sniper Tavares. This line would get the easiest match ups.

L3. Our match up line where they will be tough to score on and open up the top two lines for more offencive opportunities. Don’t be mistaken as them being a defence only line all three forwards scored 39 or more points in a shortened season.

L4. Line 3 light. They can play play shut down minutes and still score 30+ points a piece.

D1. Good luck scoring against this line up they will shut you down. Both wonderful two way defencemen don’t think they are just defence Suter was 9th in defence scoring, Weber was 25th. Both have played together in the past.

D2. These two were great together in their Winnipeg days so I wanted to bring them back together. They can play on both sides of the puck and Trouba provides physicality.

D3. Another pairing that has a lot of chemistry. They form a great second pair on Columbus and will take the lower line match ups in Arizona.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
LatvianTwist said:
:stars

Forwards
Nikolaj Ehlers - Jack Eichel - David Perron
Kirill Kaprizov - Evgeny Kuznetsov - Brock Boeser
Tanner Pearson - Nazem Kadri - Rickard Rakell
Erik Haula - Lars Eller - Oskar Lindblom
Ryan Strome, Carl Hagelin

Defenders
Zach Werenski- Alex Pietrangelo
Ryan McDonagh - Miro Heiskanen
Dmitry Orlov - Rasmus Andersson
Juuso Valimaki

Goaltenders
Braden Holtby

Semyon Varlamov

Top 6 forwards: elite centers with very strong complimentary wingers. Tons of skill and goal scoring. If one line or player is having an off game, someone else is almst certain to step up.

3rd line: speedy, physical, and full of energy. Always able to generate momentum someway and really get under the opponents' skin.

4th line + subs: a bunch of ways we can configure this: speed, defense, skill, physicality. 5 players can sub in and out as needed and provide us with the right mix to go after our opponents most effectively.

Top 4 defense: Pietrangelo and Heiskanen are top 5 defenders in the league. Werenski and McDonagh are elite complimentary defenders who match their partners perfectly. These pairs can munch minutes, kill penalties, move the puck, and produce offense all at the same time. There isn't a better top 4 in the game.

Bottom 3 defense: Still very strong here. More physical elements come out, but the defensive play is still strong across the board with some good offensive abilities too.

Goalies: Holtby is elite with a strong team in front of him, which we clearly have. Varlamov is a more than capable starter in his own right and would probably be eager to replace Holtby like Holtby replaced him years ago.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
How would you guys configure this?

Filip Forsberg - Sean Couturier - Teuvo Teravainen
Max Pacioretty - Jonathan Toews - Kailer Yamamoto
Conor Garland - Anthony Cirelli - Robert Thomas
Jeff Skinner - Dylan Strome - Kevin Labanc
Jesper Bratt / Connor Brown

Victor Hedman - Colton Parayko
Cam Fowler - Jeff Petry
Ben Chiarot - Tyson Barrie
Alexander Romanov