HNIC Rick Ball to call western HNIC games

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That's why we got Barker right? To ship him back to Tallon with Lu? RIGHT?

To Florida: Luongo, Barker
To Vancouver: Kulikov

Barker is a former 3rd overall pick, he's a gem.

To Philadelphia: Kulikov
To Vancouver: Couturier

Kesler returns from injury.

Win Cup.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
I really have come to like Rick Ball-nice style to his play by play and he has a great sense of humour. Hrudey I have come to dislike.

nubber

Jan 25, 2007
If this means that we never have to hear Mark Lee and Kevin Weekes again ... this is the best news of the year so far. Like, better than the lockout being settled.

Lee and Weekes should be sealed in lead and sent on a rocket to the moon. Their commentary would have been a joke if it was for BCHL games.

Word. Lee was a sleeping pill saturday night.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
@dowbboy
Big news for HNIC: double dose of Don Cherry, w/a 2nd helping betw'n periods of the 2nd game of dblheadr. Same suit, same Ron Maclean puns.

Late game gets Grapes now too!!

KidCanuck*

@dowbboy
Big news for HNIC: double dose of Don Cherry, w/a 2nd helping betw'n periods of the 2nd game of dblheadr. Same suit, same Ron Maclean puns.

Late game gets Grapes now too!!

I thought the goal was to reward the fans, why is CBC punishing us? 48 game season and now I have to listen to my team get ripped on by a 90 year old man every Saturday TWICE. No Lalongo for you Toranta.....

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
CBC and it's attempt to be diverse. I assume they though Mark Lee was Chinese when he was hired.
I don't think it had anything to do with a need for 'diversity.' Weekes was a recently-retired, young ex-player who is well-spoken. He just didn't come across well at all on TV. Awful to listen to doing colour, although he'd probably make a decent intermission panelist.

Like the Baller when he doesn't talk politics, so hopefully this is a good gig for him.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I thought the goal was to reward the fans, why is CBC punishing us? 48 game season and now I have to listen to my team get ripped on by a 90 year old man every Saturday TWICE. No Lalongo for you Toranta.....

Grapes is entertaining and has the odd good point, but for the most part he's a senial old man ranting, which is hilarious. His twitter account is one of the best things on twitter these days.

craigcaulks*

I don't think it had anything to do with a need for 'diversity.' Weekes was a recently-retired, young ex-player who is well-spoken. He just didn't come across well at all on TV. Awful to listen to doing colour, although he'd probably make a decent intermission panelist.

Like the Baller when he doesn't talk politics, so hopefully this is a good gig for him.

There is a very easy way to see how someone comes across on TV and it's not putting them on your mostly highly prized production.

The CBC does strive to be diverse. It's not a complaint, it's just me pointing out their mandate. What next, women?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->