HNIC Rick Ball to call western HNIC games

John Bender*

CGY and EDM fans will hate this.

I don't like Kelly Hrudy much either - he can't put together a sentence very well even after working in TV for years.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Mark Lee said:
"Jarome Iginla carries the puck through center. You know Kevin, I had the chance to speak with Jarome this summer at the NHL Awards Show in Las Vegas, and he told me all about this cabin he and his teammates like to visit in the offseason. It sounded like such a nice pla-and THERE'S A SHOT THAT SCORES JAROME IGINLA WIRES THAT TOP CORNER SHOT OH MY GOODNESS"

Kevin Weekes said:
"What an absolutely bonkers shot from the power forward Jarome Iginla, zippa-dee-doo-da-day right in the back of the goal with the mesh just rippling like a rock into a pond"

Hehehe

ping

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
Awesome! A huge fan of the Baller. Enjoyed his show when it was on 1040 as well. Better than Shorthouse IMO.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
What does Rick Ball sound like calling a game? Can someone drop some youtube on us, here? I want to know if this is good news, because Hughson was good.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Rick Ball is awesome and Hrudey actually knows what he's talking about despite as mentioned not saying it very well.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Another budget move from the CBC. I don't mind Rick Ball, but to me he's a radio announcer. Like, radio calibre. The corporation doesn't have the cash to hire somebody legit. If they could, they'd be scooping up TV guys, not trawling the radio for talent.

Disclaimer: nothing could be worse than Mark Lee. I wonder where he's headed?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Does anyone know what Rick Ball thinks of Ron MacLean? Just curious. It would be nice to have someone stick up for the Canucks.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
nice!! good for baller, quick progression from radio host, to canucks radio play by play, to part time nucks/team/jets games to now canucks games on HNIC.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Another budget move from the CBC. I don't mind Rick Ball, but to me he's a radio announcer. Like, radio calibre. The corporation doesn't have the cash to hire somebody legit. If they could, they'd be scooping up TV guys, not trawling the radio for talent.

Disclaimer: nothing could be worse than Mark Lee. I wonder where he's headed?

Not sure about that. Lee is an employee of CBC and I do not believe he has been fired. Ball is an added expense.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If this means that we never have to hear Mark Lee and Kevin Weekes again ... this is the best news of the year so far. Like, better than the lockout being settled.

Lee and Weekes should be sealed in lead and sent on a rocket to the moon. Their commentary would have been a joke if it was for BCHL games.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
IF Toronto doesn't get Luo and make the playoffs.

:laugh: I was just about to comment about this! Trade is off! Losing Lu and Hughson for playoffs is just too much. Hopefully MG is using this as leverage against Nonis.

Last edited:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Luongo + Hughson in Toronto in the playoffs? :cry: Send Luongo to FLA and send Hughson to us!

Yup, there is absolutely zero good about lu going to the maple leafs. Can you imagine how much more leafs highlights we would see during Canucks HNIC intermissions?! At least they'd be all about Lu (good or bad). :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->