HNIC: Mar 30, Sens-Leafs

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It wasn't exactly surprising.

Oh well, it's HNIC. They know who and where their viewers are.

TSN is a bit more professional these days without the blatant cheerleading.

I think CBC is just happy that they'll get the playoff ratings for Toronto that they've wanted for almost a decade.

Don likes his Toronna and Kingston boys and he'll bring them up to his booth when he feels like it.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Cherry pumps up Spezza and Karlsson. Weeks likes to talk Senators and Anderson. The Kadri love-in was a bit nauseating, but he's earning the attention.

My only frustration is how rarely Ottawa gets the 7:00 pm Saturday game, and how many locals are leafs fans. We get a balanced amount of Saturday CBC games, but it's the afternoon games, they don't have the same electricity.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I think so much of this had to do with Cherry's ongoing feud with Burke I have a hard time seeing any personal slight or clear evidence of bias.

As for whatever is outside that incident: $$$$$$. Perhaps that doesn't make it right in a perfect world but this world ain't perfect.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Missed this game but I wanted the sixth seed anyway, bring on Winnipeg and the leafs can be ousted round one vs the habs or bruins

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
The segment really didn't bother me at all. Cherry has been complaining about Toronto lacking kids from Ontario for ages. Now they have one who is helping the Leafs to win games and Cherry wants that on full display. Game sucked from an Ottawa point of view, but oh well.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I think Burke/Wilson should be more angry about that segment than Ottawa (or any other teams' fans) fans.

Also, does Kadri's success this season really prove Wilson/Burke wrong and Cherry right? I mean really, could we just for a second consider Kadri is better today because of his time in the AHL? No one seems to talk about that.

And I just need to put this somewhere - some Leaf fan last night were saying Kadri is better than Tavaes. I just... come on. Kid is having a great season and looks like a real keeper and is super nifty with the puck. Tavares is one of the top centers in the league. Not really comparable just yet.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I really like Kadri and I don't hate the leafs as some of you. Didn't bother me.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's a bit like Martin grudgingly putting Spezza in against NJ in the conference finals and he responds with huge performances.

Another guy that Cherry was high on.

They are similar players with similar histories actually.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Considering how poorly Ottawa played and how strong a night Kardi had it was hard for them to do things differently

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kadri potted a hat trick against a divisional rival in a big game, its appropriate that he gets some love.

Afterhours is pretty much the same thing, and its great since we get less token answers from our favourite hockey robots.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Kadri potted a hat trick against a divisional rival in a big game, its appropriate that he gets some love.

Afterhours is pretty much the same thing, and its great since we get less token answers from our favourite hockey robots.
I didn't say up to see After Hours, but I am pretty sure they had Hall on but equally sure they didn't kiss him and fawn all over him as HNIC did for Kadri and the two tough guys.

It is more or less what we have come to expect only more so, but that doesn't mean its not outrageous, it just means that we're used to it.

Cherry said at the beginning of the season that they would be going out to other arenas because they were known as Hockey night in Toronto and wanted to show that they were really Hockey night in Canada.

If this is what they had in mind,then they shouldn't bother.And yes I am glad they don't do our afternoon games and that the Sens are not on HNIC very often.

Last edited:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It sucked but what can you do?

My only comment is if we had won 4-0 and it was Turris was the hat trick, do you think Cherry would have had Turris, Kassian and Neil in there with him?

Sensgirl65

The original EK fan
Jan 25, 2013
I didn't watch it because I know it would just annoy me, but I listened to the Team 1200 post-game show and they thought it was pretty disrespectful of them, especially after a game in Ottawa. They compared it to Ottawa blowing out Toronto at the ACC then bringing in Kassian, Neil, and Silfverberg to celebrate on Coach's Corner (which would never happen btw).

This type of thing is expected from CBC though, so I am not too upset by it. I like being the underdogs. Then it's that much more satisfying when we win.

Edit - ChocolateLeclaire beat me to it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->