Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
If Canadian NHL fans are still bitter after losing a full year to a lockout, you'd never know it. TSN had their biggest NHL audience ever on Wednesday night, when the new season launched.

The Sports Network reported an audience of 2.1 million viewers for Ottawa's 4-3 shootout win in Toronto, which also featured coverage of Minnesota's win over Calgary. Viewers peaked at 2.7 million at 10:30 EST

thats awsome!!!!

there is still no HNIC link on the cbc sports page though

roryb

Jul 20, 2005
Bob Cole and Harry Neale are the last of the "old-school" commentators, and give you the feeling of good ole outdoor rink hockey, and have the old-time radio feel to it. In my opinion, CBC should always have announcers like these. Laid back, old school hockey is what it is all about, and in an age of the New NHL, they should hold onto these roots.

I realize they make some mistakes, and Neales comments aren't always the brightest....but there is still nothing like coming off the rinkl outside for some hot chocolate and watch the Leafs game with Bob Cole and Harry Neale. Keep them around as long as they want to be there!!

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! So anyway Im a canadian living in the US and used to watch HNIC a lot when I lived home, but have been living here for almost 6 years now ( :cry: ), but finally I ordered NHL CI and if im correct and I hope to god I am, tommorows night broadcast will be of HNIC s coverage of my habs and the damn dirty leafs and it will take me back home, if only for a night...THANK YOU NHL CI!!!!! :yo:

HABitual

Mar 1, 2002
Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Visit site
MassiveHabs said:
I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! So anyway Im a canadian living in the US and used to watch HNIC a lot when I lived home, but have been living here for almost 6 years now ( :cry: ), but finally I ordered NHL CI and if im correct and I hope to god I am, tommorows night broadcast will be of HNIC s coverage of my habs and the damn dirty leafs and it will take me back home, if only for a night...THANK YOU NHL CI!!!!! :yo:

That's your punishment for leaving us :p:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
MassiveHabs said:

you left canada for PA :lol:

Bucky Katt

Aug 30, 2005
Vancouver
deathbear said:
i agree, i like cole and neale and i don't understand why people hate them so much. it's ridiculous.

Because Bob Cole doesn't know the names of players that don't play for Toronto. Because Harry Neale offers no insight that the casual hockey fan can't see for themselves. The game has passed both of them by - CBC should put them out of their misery.

roryb

Jul 20, 2005
HNIC is not FOR the casual hockey fan...its for the hardcore fans who love, and know, the game.

Rooselk

Jan 24, 2004
Billings, MT
Glad to have HNIC back. Watched and enjoyed both games tonight. Nobody does games like HNIC. Hope all the folks at OLN were watching and taking copious notes.

StorminZ

Jun 3, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
roryb said:
HNIC is not FOR the casual hockey fan...its for the hardcore fans who love, and know, the game.

You're not serious about that comment?

HNIC has its roots in the grassroots of this country which goes far beyond the hardcore fan. The Saturday night tradition became a tradition because it reached out to households all across Canada, catering to all hockey fans. With the more expansive hockey coverage on TSN, Sportsnet and the NHLNetwork, HNIC remains the hockey broadcast for the casual hockey fan, err, shall we say, the "Saturday Night" hockey fan.

But all that doesn't really matter ... the fact that NHL hockey and HNIC is back is what really matters! :yo:

roryb

Jul 20, 2005
I am serious about that comment....how many times do you see Don cherry say something, and before Ron Maclean can explein it in english, Cherry says "hey, who are we talkin to here"....CBC is definitely for the hardcore hockey fan.
After 40 minutes? I dont think that is exactly geared for the causl hockey fan, its for someone who knows about the game, and knows whats going on.

Sure it has its grass roots and everything, but it is most definitely more geared toward the hardcore.

But, yes, I agree, all that matters is HNIC, the best hockey coverage, is back.

theo

Feb 22, 2005
its truly a testament to the HNIC crew that they were able to go back to work with less than a week of preparation and have the broadcast quality not suffer. it appeared to me that they never missed a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad