Post-Game Talk: HNIC: Best team in hockey history vs Cup Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Haha I am observing the game day thread on the Leafs page and it's fairly entertaining. "Leafs have been the better team, it's our goaltending letting us down".
And the number of comments saying Andersson should have stopped Kuzy's shot - laughable. Nobody would have stopped that. (Except maybe Holtby haha).

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Haha I am observing the game day thread on the Leafs page and it's fairly entertaining. "Leafs have been the better team, it's our goaltending letting us down".
And the number of comments saying Andersson should have stopped Kuzy's shot - laughable. Nobody would have stopped that. (Except maybe Holtby haha).

It must be tough to play in Toronto, the fans have insane standards for their players.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
How lucky are we that now that ovi is approaching his mid thirties we have a mid twenties year old Kuzy amongst us.

Caps are must see TV for awhile.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yeah really - I thought Habs fans were the worst but it seems Leafs have taken over the #1 spot

I am so proud of our fanbase because we don't have any douchebag main board posters. We had fun in victory but have been extremely humble.

That is a really good team in Toronto and I am sure they will get their Cup soon but man do they act like they have won it already sometimes.

Reactions: Heath

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
nice game so far... kuzy is the best player on the ice. now its time for a dagger... ovi needs to murder some1 or score a highlight goal.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I am so proud of our fanbase because we don't have any *****ebag main board posters. We had fun in victory but have been extremely humble.

That is a really good team in Toronto and I am sure they will get their Cup soon but man do they act like they have won it already sometimes.
Yeah it was nice to hang out here during the Cup run. Lots of positivity and good discussion. Shame it can't be that way on the main GDT's.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Why, Caps controlled this period big time.
Yes but the missed chances. Toronto is the tyoe of team that scores those deflection goals. They don’t need to generate high danger area shots, they don’t need to control the play. You keep them in the game and they will inevitably score.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Great period by the Caps for the most part. Djoos needs to be harder on the puck though. He was soft on both goals getting the puck out.
Djoos has had 2 bad games in a row. His lack of strength is really showing. On the first goal it looked like he was scared of contact and just let Matthews take the puck from him.
People here jump allover me if I say anything negative about Djoos. Sorry but he just isn't the guy. If he was a stud offensively I might cut him more slack. His best opportunity he wouldnt even shoot the puck when Anderson was down and out.

Reactions: peterthegreat12

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Djoos has had 2 bad games in a row. His lack of strength is really showing. On the first goal it looked like he was scared of contact and just let Matthews take the puck from him.
People here jump allover me if I say anything negative about Djoos. Sorry but he just isn't the guy. If he was a stud offensively I might cut him more slack. His best opportunity he wouldnt even shoot the puck when Anderson was down and out.
Absolutely, You can tell he pulls back from making contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->