Post-Game Talk: HNIC: Best team in hockey history vs Cup Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah, its almost like they shouldnt have won it. Team would be a lot better off right now, if it werent for that damned Cup they are using as an excuse.

LOL. I kid, I kid.:yo:
Its great that they won it. And we did deserve to win. But we are using it as an excuse to justify us playing poorly. Ive even seen one fan say after a loss that he doesnt care because we have our cup.
Some fans have used the Stanley cup to throw in the face of other fanbases. That's not cool.

Reactions: rlkaejrl

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This is ridiculous. Winning a Cup changes how players are perceived all the time. It's not an excuse. It's an achievement, the hardest in sports, and it counts when evaluating players.
Except I'm talking about us fans here on the board using it as an excuse and throwing it in the face of fans from other teams.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Its great that they won it. And we did deserve to win. But we are using it as an excuse to justify us playing poorly. Ive even seen one fan say after a loss that he doesnt care because we have our cup.
Some fans have used the Stanley cup to throw in the face of other fanbases. That's not cool.

It's been done to us for sooooo loooonng, I do get it. I get why a fan may do it (especially to Leaf fan, they are INSUFFERABLE right now).

I guess for me it depends on the fan. Pens fan did it to us for years, so I'm happily give it back. But like Blue Jackets fan? Or Canucks fan? Or Blues fan? Probably not.....unless said fan was going on some anti-Wilson tirade that pissed me off.

So...clear as mud, yes? LOL

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

FZqn.gif

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It's been done to us for sooooo loooonng, I do get it. I get why a fan may do it (especially to Leaf fan, they are INSUFFERABLE right now).

I guess for me it depends on the fan. Pens fan did it to us for years, so I'm happily give it back. But like Blue Jackets fan? Or Canucks fan? Or Blues fan? Probably not.....unless said fan was going on some anti-Wilson tirade that pissed me off.

I know Pens fans did it and I hated it. Its classless. Cap fans are better.
Ive mentioned this before. Leafs fans seem to be worse than other fanbases but I think that's just because of the sheer number of fans they have.
I posted on the Leafs board congratulating them on the win. I only got one ignorant reply. Everyone else was good. The Bruins fans were fine when I posted on their board. And we blew them out 7-0. Of course I didn't rub it in.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I know Pens fans did it and I hated it. Its classless. Cap fans are better.
Ive mentioned this before. Leafs fans seem to be worse than other fanbases but I think that's just because of the sheer number of fans they have.
I posted on the Leafs board congratulating them on the win. I only got one ignorant reply. Everyone else was good. The Bruins fans were fine when I posted on their board. And we blew them out 7-0. Of course I didn't rub it in.

I'm kinda surprised by the animosity, a lot of Leafs fans really like Ovi and the Caps and have been bandwagoning y'all for years. I know PPP (Leafs SB Nation blog, big following) has been bandwagoning the Caps for close to a decade. I was stoked when y'all went Super Saiyan last playoffs, watching Ovi with the Cup was a great moment for the sport. That said, HF has the most amount of toxic shitheads outside of Twitter in my experience, so may just be the sampling bias on this one.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Winning the Cup does justify for having fun for once, instead always being miserable. We got so much s*** for never winning the cup, and we faced so many huge disappointments to get there. I just find myself actually finally enjoying the Caps-hockey again. Its been long years when it was mostly pain and frustration for looking something we seemed to never achieve.

The Leafs game was not poorly played and there is no reason to find ways to justify it. It was two cup contenders going head to head, just entertaining hockey. Just because we lost doesnt mean it was a bad game. If you thing that was bad game, you are just looking ways to be miserable again.

Leafs are very good. Looking forward to go head to head with them on the conference finals :P

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Caps had a lot of meh moments last season too, there were many times where I was wondering if we would even be in a playoff spot by the way we were playing, thank god grubby helped us out.

It’s early AF. Some teams start hot then come back down to earth, happens every year.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Caps had a lot of meh moments last season too, there were many times where I was wondering if we would even be in a playoff spot by the way we were playing, thank god grubby helped us out.

It’s early AF. Some teams start hot then come back down to earth, happens every year.
Grubauer won 15 games for us last year. He had a good goals against average and save percentage against a lot of mediocre teams. He didnt play against very many top tier teams. His winning percentage still wasnt near what Holtbys was.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Grubauer won 15 games for us last year. He had a good goals against average and save percentage against a lot of mediocre teams. He didnt play against very many top tier teams. His winning percentage still wasnt near what Holtbys was.

He's not comparing the 2.....can't we agree that Grubauer was a *huge* part of the their playoff push, and that he helped the team a lot? That doesnt take a stab at Holtby man, it's simply allowing yourself to realize that there are a LOT of players that got us to the promised land.

Basically....one can laud Gruabuer and what he did for the team... without it being an assassination of Holtby. Come on, Maaco.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Just 10 games in October for us? That has to be the least of any teams?

This schedule is such a weird one. We have less games this month than the Oilers who started the season in Sweden.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He's not comparing the 2.....can't we agree that Grubauer was a *huge* part of the their playoff push, and that he helped the team a lot? That doesnt take a stab at Holtby man, it's simply allowing yourself to realize that there are a LOT of players that got us to the promised land.

Basically....one can laud Gruabuer and what he did for the team... without it being an assassination of Holtby. Come on, Maaco.
Grubauer helped when he had to fill in when Holtby was struggling. I still dont think he is starter material. Looks like the Avalanche dont either. Once Varlomov gets his yearly injury Grubauer should get his chance.
Grubauer was a good backup for us. Probably better that what we have now. I have no problem with us trading him. I dont think we could have signed him.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

This makes perfect sense to me Ridley. I look at Blues fans or Canucks fans now and feel bad for them. I know their pain and they have no idea when it will end, if at all. When it comes to Pens fans or Redwings fans or whatever. They are fair game. I dealt with their crap for way to long

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This makes perfect sense to me Ridley. I look at Blues fans or Canucks fans now and feel bad for them. I know their pain and they have no idea when it will end, if at all. When it comes to Pens fans or Redwings fans or whatever. They are fair game. I dealt with their crap for way to long
Why would you want to stoop to the level Pens fans do? If we do that it makes us no better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->