Hjalmarsson podcast in Swedish

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
So thought you guys might need a bit of a pick you up after the Kane mess. Hjalmarsson was doing a podcast in Swedish, there's a piece in a Swedish media on it http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/har-rykt-ihop-med-toews-nagra-ganger/ run it through google translate if you want, but the Hawk talk is that he screams at a lot of Hawks players including Toews and that he's not too popular among the forwards. There's often teammates that get into heated arguments.

If he sees a player not giving his all he gets pissed off and tells the player so. Adds that he's a very competitive guy. He laughs and says a lot of funny stuff goes on, on the bench. Apparently there was a player taking a dumb penalty at the end of playoff game and really got the evil eye by everyone on the bench. He does call the Hawks a band of brothers and that like in any family there are arguments and quarrels and that he's sad about losing some of his brothers this summer.

Apparently it's mostly forwards against defense on the bench, the D yells that the forwards are lazy and have to show and score and the forwards are screaming back to give them the ****ing puck. And that the players are genuinely angry with each other. He no comments about Patrick Kane and says he doesn't know anything but that the entire situation is sad. The rest is about Swedish hockey mostly.

Oh, and he manages a little dig at the Red Wings at the end. The reporter says Nicklas Kronwall told him, when he did the podcast, that Detroit has started putting a bike in the sauna. Hjalmarsson says that's what you do the morning after a late night out, and adds, who knows what they get up to in Detroit. :D

Finally a short anecdote. He ran into a Canadian playing in Sweden who jealously asks what he's gonna do on his day with the cup. Hjalmarsson replies casually, oh the usual...

Hjalmarsson is a witty and chatty guy. He's apparently only silent when it comes to US media. You have a good guy there, too bad the Hawks matched the offer sheet by San Jose years back. :sarcasm:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
So thought you guys might need a bit of a pick you up after the Kane mess. Hjalmarsson was doing a podcast in Swedish, there's a piece in a Swedish media on it http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/har-rykt-ihop-med-toews-nagra-ganger/ run it through google translate if you want, but the Hawk talk is that he screams at a lot of Hawks players including Toews and that he's not too popular among the forwards. There's often teammates that get into heated arguments.

If he sees a player not giving his all he gets pissed off and tells the player so. Adds that he's a very competitive guy. He laughs and says a lot of funny stuff goes on, on the bench. Apparently there was a player taking a dumb penalty at the end of playoff game and really got the evil eye by everyone on the bench. He does call the Hawks a band of brothers and that like in any family there are arguments and quarrels and that he's sad about losing some of his brothers this summer.

Apparently it's mostly forwards against defense on the bench, the D yells that the forwards are lazy and have to show and score and the forwards are screaming back to give them the ****ing puck. And that the players are genuinely angry with each other. He no comments about Patrick Kane and says he doesn't know anything but that the entire situation is sad. The rest is about Swedish hockey mostly.

Oh, and he manages a little dig at the Red Wings at the end. The reporter says Nicklas Kronwall told him, when he did the podcast, that Detroit has started putting a bike in the sauna. Hjalmarsson says that's what you do the morning after a late night out, and adds, who knows what they get up to in Detroit. :D

Finally a short anecdote. He ran into a Canadian playing in Sweden who jealously asks what he's gonna do on his day with the cup. Hjalmarsson replies casually, oh the usual...

Hjalmarsson is a witty and chatty guy. He's apparently only silent when it comes to US media. You have a good guy there, too bad the Hawks matched the offer sheet by San Jose years back. :sarcasm:

Disclaimer: I was born in the US but my Dad was born in Sweden (Sodertalje) and they're all Swedes on my mother's side of the family too - so truth be told I'm partial toward Swedes. :yo:

And now that I've said that - I love Hjalmarsson. I've got a white and a red #4 Hjalmarsson jersey. And Stan definitely made the right choice between matching the SJ offer sheet and having enough Cap space to re-sign Niemi. He's one tough hombre.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I remember when he and Toews went at it in practice before a preseason game a couple of years ago. You wanna talk about being competitive...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00