Injury Report: Hjalmarsson out. UPDATE: Set to Return Around All-Star Game

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Give the “A” to a leader on the team, it is likely Kessel or another vet. I don’t think it’s Keller or Schmaltz, no way it’s Chychrun, our 5th best D and he’s 20 years old.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
This gives a chance to see our depth at the blue line. Honestly, this may not play out too badly.

If we do move the 'A' to another player, I think Richardson would be up there. After OEL, longest tenured player on team.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

In Formula 1 they ended up making the cars slower to make them less dangerous. Perhaps hockey should have standardized boring sticks to everybody. Make the goals a bit bigger to compensate so scoring don't go down.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well, if you've watched hockey for a period of time, maybe you've noticed the giant inflation of goalie pads?

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Ban goalies from being taller than 6'1 | Have Raanta on you team | ...profit?

Given the goalies has grown, the goals should grow a bit too.

I must admit, though, I sometimes wonder about players who fires hard into a blocking player. Don't they see him? Why don't they relax the shot just a little bit, when they see they will just hit him. Is it to learn people a lesson of not blocking their shots?

Ok, conspiracy-theory. It's to late for them to relax the shot, they think they shoot around him, everything.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Ban goalies from being taller than 6'1 | Have Raanta on you team | ...profit?
Roy 6'2" rookie

4478af81b7184f4aa8d2e44685950217_front.jpg

Roy 6'2" 2002

RoyWin2001_medium.jpg

Giguere 6'1"

BIXUtFCFXloKGQt-800x450-noPad.jpg

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
They mentioned that during 1st intermission but didn’t explain the breakdown. Richardson had it tonight, so I’m guessing he’s road A and Kessel is home A.

I just heard they'd alternate the alternate haha. So, in my mind, that just meant switch every game from one to the other.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
That’s a lot of sewing and unsewing. I think that’s the practical, nuts and bolts reason they do it home/away. Easier for laundry/dry cleaning.

True, that's a logical approach to it. But this is the Yotes we're talkin bout here! Logic and basic laws of nature start to fly out the window really fast... because it's Yote's reasons.

Also, I'm sure they have enough jerseys and etc to have some extras ready to go for any reason during any game so I can't see it being too far fetched.

I guess on Saturday we will find out which way they will do it! Cause this Thursday should be Kessel in either scenario because it's the next game/ it's a home game after the away game. Saturday will be a home game again.. if it's Kessel they are doing it based on road/away.. if it's Richardson then they are alternating per game.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Looking at the Jets defense, it's a shame Hammer went down because I wonder if we could get something done revolving around Chychrun + Fischer for Ehlers.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Looking at the Jets defense, it's a shame Hammer went down because I wonder if we could get something done revolving around Chychrun + Fischer for Ehlers.

Of course you could, because that would be splendid for the Jets 2.0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->