Injury Report: Hjalmarsson out. UPDATE: Set to Return Around All-Star Game

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Give the A to Chychrun and let him know that he’s covering for Hjalmarsson now. Time for him to take the next step. We want to be a playoff team. How we deal with this Hjalmarsson injury will dictate whether we stay in the fight. Chychrun has as big a part to play in that effort as any other player on the team.

Love this idea to be honest. Shows the kids that we expect and to want them to become leaders as they grow with the organization.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Give the A to Chychrun and let him know that he’s covering for Hjalmarsson now. Time for him to take the next step. We want to be a playoff team. How we deal with this Hjalmarsson injury will dictate whether we stay in the fight. Chychrun has as big a part to play in that effort as any other player on the team.
I would go with the hardest worker and set leadership from there. No idea who that is in the room??

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
I think the nature of the injury makes the recovery time easier to predict. Some injuries like eyes, brain, back, and illnesses like Lyme disease are much harder to forecast.

I'm assuming not a displaced fracture, no surgery required. He'll be back for the playoff push.
So, you don't know what the injury is, but you are confident in the timeframe he returns. Got it.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Honestly wish they kept Soderstrom around for the 9 game tryout period. I get why they didn’t but it would be really nice if he was still here and could step in.

I think it is a good thing Arizona don't let all the weight rest on an 18 year old defencemans shoulders.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Whatever it is, we've reportedly been in the market for a bottom-pair or seventh D since camp broke. So at least we're not building a deal from scratch.

Maybe target Slater Koekoek who's been buried, but is an okay bottom pairing guy.
Seeler from Minny. McQuaid as a free agent. He's a guy with size who is "just a guy" but has intangibles.

Maybe you can pull Braun's expiring contract away from Philly, which would be a good role-to-role replacement for Hammer, but wouldn't be cheap. Hainsey from Ottawa might be easier, and a similar player, but not as good.

Or we look for a guy without a ton of term on a bad contract.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seeler would be a good option as a cheap bandaid. Plays tough, blocks shots. Really want to get Zucker out of Minny, too. Could use that PP trigger man. Would do Fischer and a 2nd to start with.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Everyone on D has to step it up, but it won't matter a damn if our PP doesn't pick it up big time.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Everyone on D has to step it up, but it won't matter a damn if our PP doesn't pick it up big time.
Unless I'm reading wrong our PP scored more than Vegas, NYI, and Columbus last year. Florida was 2nd in League . It might not be as important as you think.

Reactions: cobra427

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe Chayka sees something projectable in Honka's fancy stats? But that really made more sense when we needed an extra body, and less when we lose our shut down guy.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe Chayka sees something projectable in Honka's fancy stats? But that really made more sense when we needed an extra body, and less when we lose our shut down guy.

In a small sample size he had good xGF/xGA with an average zone start split. With a change of scenery bounce and a low price, I could see it.

Dallas sucks royal ass so they need to do something trade wise

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
OcuWD8g.jpg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Isn't there extra padding these guys that block a lot of shots can wear? Seems like he gets hurt a lot blocking shots.

Hit him from the side. Everything is a trade off. Short of wearing a full set of plate armor, there will always be injuries of this sort.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Unless I'm reading wrong our PP scored more than Vegas, NYI, and Columbus last year. Florida was 2nd in League . It might not be as important as you think.
Florida's goal tending was their problem. They would have been in the playoffs with average goal tending. We also had about 30 more PP opportunities than the other teams. Boston and St. Louis were 3rd. and 10th respectfully during the regular season and Boston was first in PP% in the playoffs by a wide margin. Their PP carried them all the way to the finals. With so much parity in the league, special teams is what will make or break you. If our PK suffers much because of Hammer, and our PP % does not increase to at least the middle of the pack we will be done like diner sooner rather then later.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Which teams are desperate for goaltending and might want Aiden Hill? Do any of them have a solid defensive D they’d be willing to give up? Someone who blocks shots and PKs? San Jose, New Jersey or Calgary maybe?
Goaltenders garner a notoriously low return (plus, I'm not sure how much value Adin Hill has anyway (right now), though he is young and BIG), so unless you're adding quite a bit, doubtful the Yotes can get an NHL regular back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->