Injury Report: Hjalmarsson out. UPDATE: Set to Return Around All-Star Game

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I feel legitimately bad for you guys on this. You never seem to have any luck. I hope you guys pull through and we see you in the conference finals.

Reactions: Yandover

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I called it yesterday morning. I'll be doing taro card readings for a small fee later... :naughty::wg::banana:

Reactions: Yandover

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Maybe I'll get flamed, but could this possibly be a good thing? Obviously terrible news given he's our best defenseman and second leading goal scorer! We can't win games with defense, only lose close contests and perhaps something will shift in the mindsets of the forwards, or even defensemen. Without hammer, you've just got to score more goals. I'm hoping this opportunity will ultimately be a positive (how is that even possible??) and shifts the focus of some players for the better.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Which teams are desperate for goaltending and might want Aiden Hill? Do any of them have a solid defensive D they’d be willing to give up? Someone who blocks shots and PKs? San Jose, New Jersey or Calgary maybe?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Too bad Soderstrom is in Sweden. I guess we get Capobianco and, I dunno, Goligoski gets the other A.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Being Yotes, what are the chances it is just 3 months?

I think the nature of the injury makes the recovery time easier to predict. Some injuries like eyes, brain, back, and illnesses like Lyme disease are much harder to forecast.

I'm assuming not a displaced fracture, no surgery required. He'll be back for the playoff push.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Which teams are desperate for goaltending and might want Aiden Hill? Do any of them have a solid defensive D they’d be willing to give up? Someone who blocks shots and PKs? San Jose, New Jersey or Calgary maybe?
You seriously believe anyone sees Hill as the answer to their tender needs?

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
hDlUCms.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You seriously believe anyone sees Hill as the answer to their tender needs?
A team who can’t afford another starter might. Pittsburgh as an example has Riikola just sitting there. Not being used. I’m not suggesting we get a top four D for Hill. But a situation like that might work.

San Jose’s goaltending has been a train wreck but they’re completely out of capspace. Maybe Hill for Trevor Carrick? I’d love to add to get Ferraro but that ain’t happening.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe I'll get flamed, but could this possibly be a good thing? Obviously terrible news given he's our best defenseman and second leading goal scorer! We can't win games with defense, only lose close contests and perhaps something will shift in the mindsets of the forwards, or even defensemen. Without hammer, you've just got to score more goals. I'm hoping this opportunity will ultimately be a positive (how is that even possible??) and shifts the focus of some players for the better.
Nope, not a good thing. We play in a superstar league where a team needs shutdown players against the likes of McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad